Meat Is Murder (1 Viewer)

Ah there's a difference between singing *about* protesting and singing about what people *should* be protesting against. It just feels like they're preaching *at* absolutely everyone these days.

have a few more of these - * * * * * *

This reminds me of some graffiti, Meat Is Murder and then underneath Murder Tastes Good With Potatoes.

Aren't Anti-Flag signed to Sony or a subsidiary of them and aren't they considered a complete joke by the majority of punks in the US?

up their own arses with the PC brigade...most punks I know are perfectly capable of making up their minds for themselves without needing 4 lads in a band to tell them what to do.

Shame most make up their minds to be apathetic.

If someone is going to be convinced to be a vegetarian by a poster I can't imagine they'd stick at it too long. Nice poster though, those guys are real natural in front of the camera!ninjaaaa:confused:!zed:cool:

at least they are saying something!!!!!!,they could just not bother saying anything and sit back and count their dosh,i dont know much about them musically ive only heard a few songs which were a bit bland but i know they are very fucking popular with the younger crowd and they might actually change some minds in amongst the hundreds of thousands who listen to them

I think it's pretty good they're doin it. Who gives a shit, like? Everyone moans about punk bands selling out and getting big and not using their status to make a difference to anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a couple of hundred, if not thousand, U.S. mall-punk kids to consider not eating meat. I've never cared for their music, but "what the fuck have you done?". If it wasn't for bands like Propagandhi I wouldn't have become aware of animal cruelty and stopped eating meat.

In more interesting news, I just got the second demo by Warwound, a pre-Sacrilege band and it's fuckin brilliant.

Heads up for some Terrordactyl 'serious face' band photos with political campaigns superimposed over them.

What about this...
paedovi3.jpg

I think it's pretty good they're doin it. Who gives a shit, like? Everyone moans about punk bands selling out and getting big and not using their status to make a difference to anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a couple of hundred, if not thousand, U.S. mall-punk kids to consider not eating meat. I've never cared for their music, but "what the fuck have you done?". If it wasn't for bands like Propagandhi I wouldn't have become aware of animal cruelty and stopped eating meat.

I don't think you can compare propagandhi intelligently explaining their views in their music to anti flag posing on a poster that makes a stupid statement like meat is murder. Besides peta is a load of bollocks, cute pictures of poor little monkeys tryin to guilt people into bein nice to animals. it's just low.

where as anti- flag say meat is murder with homoerotic gelled haircuts (probably consisting of the crushed spines of cows), propagandhi say meat is murder to this imagery
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i seen anti-flags new video on channel 6 the other week and i actually quite liked the song but in saying that they are the most repetitive and inarticulate bunch of rich kids doing the major venue tour circuit at the moment. they just keep singing about flags and 'fuck the flag' and so on. why don't they just say 'america is full of comsumption orientated cunts- now buy our latest release........ same music different cover'

in saying that, they are a transition band and hopefully the kids that listen to them today will listen to much better music tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back