MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO - TONIGHT! (1 Viewer)

PUSH PROMOTION

Howdi,

Just a reminder that MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO are playing tonight in the Music Centre with Keith Downey and Sean Quinn in support.

Ben Stokes from DHS and MBM will be doing visuals - with some live scratch video mixing - it's a very impressive show!

Expect to hear some of the great MBM tunes - God OD, Radio Babylon, Acid Again, Mindstream (Orbital did a cover of this called Remind), Psyche Out, Edge of No Control...

It's their first time playing Ireland in their twenty year history!

This was actually pretty all right. I've never been a huge MBM fan, but I liked them enough to check this out. The music was good, and the visuals were generally great (if occasionally a bit clichéed).

Dismal turnout, though. I'd say that there were at most 30 people there. But Dangers and Stokes still played for over two hours (including an encore) despite this -- fair play to 'em.

PUSH PROMOTION said:
It's their first time playing Ireland in their twenty year history!

Given the size of the audience, it's probably also their last...

Paul

Was the same at the last 2 push promotion events I went too (Boom Bip and Beans). Maybe the promotion isn't being pushed enough? Not wanting to piss on anyones parade, I'm sure a lot of organisation and effort went into these gigs, but it seems a bit strange that they seem to be so poorly attended.

But then again maybe no one gives a shit about Boom Bip/Beans/MBM in Dublin.

Stan Bowles said:
Was the same at the last 2 push promotion events I went too (Boom Bip and Beans). Maybe the promotion isn't being pushed enough? Not wanting to piss on anyones parade, I'm sure a lot of organisation and effort went into these gigs, but it seems a bit strange that they seem to be so poorly attended.

isn't that the ususal way for this kind of thing in ireland?

broken arm said:
isn't that the ususal way for this kind of thing in ireland?
Yeah I guess so. Just commenting that this thing has happened before at push promotion events, maybe they need to address the way they promote, put on gigs in smaller venues etc. I want push promotions to do well as they put on bands I like, but something seems to be wrong.

But then again maybe people in Dublin are pricks.

Chirst that sounds dismal. Wanted to check this out but was broke. Really surprised at the low turnout. is that physcoonavigation special from sunday availible for donwload anywhere?

Stan Bowles said:

There was practically no promotion apart from the odd poster up here and there done for it, as far as I can see.

He's also doing Four Tet/Kid Koala, I hear tickets are flying out the door for that one.

i think it's the dublin crowd ... i saw press ads for the show and plenty of posters ... plus i haven't seen a four tet poster and i've heard too that that's selling really well ... i suppose it depends on where you get your gig info from too whether something seems to be promoted or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back