Me in the Park selected for IMRO - Best Of Tour Gig (1 Viewer)

MiTP

Website
www.meinthepark.com
header.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IMRO Showcase Tour 04 | Best Of Tour Gig
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Me in the Park[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] are one of only a handful of bands from around the country [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]selected to play the [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Best of Tour Gig' in The Village, Dublin on Saturday 29th May. The showcase will be hosted by [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Fanning[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and promises to be a rockin[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] night! "Over the past few years the standard on the Tour was really [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]high[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and I'm expecting the same this year. Lets face it... the IMRO[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] showcase is THE big showcase [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]to get... because IMRO have[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] established it that way" - Dave Fanning, 2FM. The 2004 Tour is fully[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] supported by 2FM through the Dave Fanning, Rick O'Shea, Dan Hegarty, Jenny Huston and [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cormac Battle evening shows. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With no shortage of exciting acts emerging from around the country [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]at the moment, the 2004 "Best of Tour"[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] gig is shaping up to be one you just can't afford to miss.[/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Me in the Park onstage 8.30, Get there early![/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Venue: The Village, Wexford Street[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date: Saturday 29th May[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Doors: 7.30[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Adm: Eur 10 - print off flyer here[/font]​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEWS[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2FM Session[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2fm.gif
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After just being offered a 2FM Session Me in the Park will head into RTE at [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the end of May to record [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]three brand [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]new tracks, which will then be aired on[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2FM. We'll fill ya in on the airplay dates and we'll [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]also feature the tracks on MiTP's web site.[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BBC Music Live Festival[/font]
bbc.gif
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks to everyone who saw us at the BBC Music Live festival in Belfast, and [/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for all the great feedback, rockin city we had a blast! promise we'll be back soon![/font]​
footer.gif
http://www.meinthepark.com/
Join Me in the Park's Mailing List www.meinthepark.com
[/font]

lorcanzo said:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the bands chosen to play in the Village are chosen based on the amount of people they bring to the gigs.
well?
Well IMRO would certainly deny that, although I think it's unfairly implied so bands make more of an effort to bring a crowd, I know there were bands that had a bigger turnout than us. I've heard good things about some of the bands choosen so I'm expectin' a good night anyway!

I can categorically confirm that bands are NOT selected on the basis of how many people they bring to their showcase. If that was the case we would have an entirely different lineup on the 29th. Bands are selected on the basis of industry feedback, market potential, originality, songwriting, performance - amongst other things. The tour attracts significant label interest each year, (Irish, UK and further a field) and there would be absolutely no merit at all in showcasing acts on the basis that they are "crowd pullers". Hope this clears everything up

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back