Max Tundra, Jimmy Cake, Herv, this Sunday! (1 Viewer)

John

Since 2000
Front End Synthetics proudly presents

Synthetic Allsorts @ The Shelter (Vicar St.)

Sunday 18|03|01

Doors 8:30 ‘til late

Admission £10 (incl. Booking fee)

M A X T U N D R A (live)

Domino/Warp

The Jimmy Cake

Herv (live)

dj’s Droid (Power FM), Pauly and Billy Splinters

One of the most exciting producers to emerge from England in the last few years, MAX TUNDRA has a style that is beyond any shadow of a doubt, his own. Combining modern electronic sensibilities and techniques with a long established culture of splicing and four track trickery, Tundra has allusions to more genres of music than you could shake a tree at. His genius has seen him work with some of the finest artists and labels of our time, such as Mogwai, Kid 606, the Monsoon Bassoon, electronica giants Warp Records and now the Domino Recording Co., home to, among others; Pram, Papa M, Radar Brothers and Fizzarum.

The Jimmy Cake are a nine piece outfit, incorporating guitars, bass, drums, percussion, sax, clarinets, trumpets and accordion, this amalgamated continuation of Das Madman is capable of unbelievable ferocity, tight ensemble playing and some very spacey, open-ended subtlety. Super-group style, the band features members of Thinker Org, David Kitt's band, Luc and the Platelets, FES, Dead Plants, R.S.I., Chokchai 3k Battery, Rae, and the composers of the operas 'Obegon' and 'Neshika', both of which sold out at the recent Dublin fringe festival. Described in recent reviews as "the most compelling live act you are likely to see in Dublin.", and "- this sanguine and cerebral music. Bred in the bone and borne on the wing: Can in the kitchen, Talk Talk in the hallway, and Ornette Coleman getting it on with Cozy Powell in the bedroom.."

Herv is another blooming studio dweller that is making the dance music scene here in Ireland so damn interesting right now. He will be playing a set of tight electro and electronica with a slightly loungy slant. He is also working on material for release on FES and will feature on one of the label’s two forthcoming vinyl compilations documenting it’s roster and the scene in Dublin in general.

DJ’s on the night will include the very excellent Pauly flying the flag for weirded sorts of techno & house music. Billy Splinters will be setting the mood for the evening with a specially selected set of pioneering electronic music, loony-rock and everything in between. Electronic pacification and incitation from the great Droid of the Fear and Bassbin recordings respectively. Hope to see you all there…

It's on from 8:30 or so till 2 in the morning.
And Monday is a bank holiday. And nobody will have to listen to "everything from prodigy to Oasis" as soon as the headliner goes off stage. Huzzah!
Don't come late though. Herv's live sets are great and all the Dj's playing over the course of the evening are either masters of their craft or in posession of unbelievable record collections.

do come early
i don't know what i'm going to play yet
and it'll be no fun on my own
'love will get you like a case of anthrax
and that's something i don't want to catch'
'rise, william wallace, rise!'

yerrrrrrrrr!!!

Cheers to all fer coming down.
The Tundra rules. The fucking nutter.

Utter, utter fucking nutter.

cutsie danelectro death metal guitar over drill&bass loop...

"this is a cover of a coldplay song"

speeded up paul simon sample...

"this is a toploader song"... BOOM! BJ!BJ! BJ! BJ! d-d-d-d-DV!DV!DV! *crashhhhhh* thump thump thump BANG!

and then he starts his DJ set with shellac...

hats off.

(and the cake and the hervmeister were top notch too...)

(as was mr billy "'love like anthrax'/sean nos followed by screaming" splinters)

(i didn't even mind the trek to the loo...)

"Halber Mench" by Neubauten, "Muster" by Cindytalk - two tracks I never thought I'd hear over a PA. Hats off to the Splinters.

Another evening highlight was the Tundra dropping "Vaseline" by the Flaming Lips - brought me back I can tell ya. Anyone hear his remix of the Monsoon Bassoon he dropped. Sounds fucking amazing....

I love that guy.

John (20 Mar, 2001 01:56 p.m.):

Another evening highlight was the Tundra dropping "Vaseline" by the Flaming Lips - brought me back I can tell ya. Anyone hear his remix of the Monsoon Bassoon he dropped.

Did he drop any science?
like that add off the telly.

Nah. We put a ban on meddling with powers one cannot possibly comprehend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back