Masterchef (1 Viewer)

I caught the arse end of this the other night, what's the 'Professionals' spin on it? All the contestants are actual proper cooks? One thing I hate about Masterchef is the formulaic nature of the show, same clean-cut voice over lady, same shots of the judges shouting into thin air about what they think of the chefs, etc.

Anyone watching the US Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef (or errr, Top Tattoo it seems this season)?

? One thing I hate about Masterchef is the formulaic nature of the show
it's a cookery based light entertainment show broadcast on BBC 2 at tea time. what exactly do you want? hard hitting social commentary? interlocking layered storylines a la the wire? michael gondry-like experimental directorial flourishes? it's good diverting entertainment

masterchef rocks, two lads make it. love how one guy is saying something and the camera goes to the other lad and there is absolutely no reaction, maybe an eye blink, as if they're loath to agree with each other.

I've been watching the New Zealand version for the past few nights. Different format and the judges are a lot more scathing.

img_masterchef1141341.jpg

I saw a bit of the Australian Masterchef and it was good.

I watched the entire season six of Hell's Kitchen USA last week, WAY my favourite food show. I can't stick the two lads on English Masterchef at all.

Anyone watching Jamie Oliver's new US show, Food Revolution? It's a total hoot, he gets out the water works at least once in each episode so far (there's been four aired).

On the flipside, I saw the first episode of his 'Jamie goes to...' where he's in Marrakesh, it's a surprisingly good incite into the Moroccan way of cooking/dining. Although it could have done without the bits where Jamie cooks his own take on Moroccan food.

how can you stick watching gordon ramsey for more than a minute?
we should plug that volcano in iceland with him.

I think he's absolutely hilarious, to be honest. Far more annoying are the contestants who all appear to talk like rappers, regardless of their ethnicity or social status.

One thing about masterchief, There never seems to be any steam coming off the food when they serve it. Is it stone cold or what??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back