Mary Harney (3 Viewers)

lrbs-head-in-hands.jpg

Hahaha, the perfect image for this thread.
I looked at it a few days ago, thought exactly that, and left it alone.
head+brick wall = sore head

ps duchee it seems I have to spread some rep around but I'll be back

How does a party who garner only 3% of votes get into government?

Great isn't it? It's actually 5%. Still less than the Greens, far less than Sinn Fein. I think the PDs should be an inspiration to marginalised political movements everywhere in that, if you play your cards right, you can be highly unpopular but still get to practically run the country.

Anyway, I think they will get way more than 5% at the next election. Everyone says they hate McDowell but I reckon many of them secretly admire him. And his "tough line" on immigration chimes neatly with majority public opinion (if you believe the polls that is).

Do I have too>>/
Well suppose erm, if the mothers life was in danger.........even then I don't really want too but might make an exception.
Rape cases well prob not........underage...no...
Lesbians accidently getting up the duff......no

stunning

But ur only giving him rep cos yas share exactly the same views!!!!!!

Maybe I should now be known as Loretta?

No, I'm giving him rep for trying to show you that soundbites aren't opinions and life isn't as black and white as we would like it to be.
It was a good effort, one I wouldn't have the patience for.

I don't need soundbytes at my age to know whats murder and what's not murder.
I will agree on one thing though and that is we'll always disagree on this issue ;]

I don't need soundbytes at my age to know whats murder and what's not murder.
I will agree on one thing though and that is we'll always disagree on this issue ;]

What I meant was that all you have on this issue is a soundbite, not an opinion.
I'm basing this on everthing you've writen on this forum, so maybe you've thought long and hard about pregnancy, rape, choice, morality, but judging from this

Do I have too>>/
Well suppose erm, if the mothers life was in danger.........even then I don't really want too but might make an exception.
Rape cases well prob not........underage...no...
Lesbians accidently getting up the duff......no

I doubt it.

.. Lesbians accidentally getting up the duff...:p :p

my apologies, the saracsm went over my head. but what you said seemed pretty heartfelt to me, i suppose that's just the intense power that glib simplicities uttered with such convinction have over me. i do of course believe anyone is entitled to any opinion they want, i do however think that if one wants to throw about loaded phrases such as "abortion = murder" then they should be able to back up their extremely contentious views with an explaination that is at very least comprehensible and the very most displaying some sort of reasonable considered thought. how idealistic of me!
in summary: see figure 69*, below.

iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg

*fig. 69

Parts of it were sarcastic
I 100% stand by Abortion is murder though and c'mon lets be honest it is murder, how can it not be.....you don't abort it and u have a life.

Infact gonna get a abortion is fucking murder t-shirt made and luckily I live in town so I can have many views of it possible with a high population.Abortion is murder colour effects for maximum effect btw

Abortion is murder maximum font size for people who wear glasses but can't find them cos it's early for a saturday morning.(9.03am)
they could also have being out last nite and have a hangover

Ohhhh
wearing the soundbite on a t-shirt.
Smart thinking. That'll show us questioners of the janer 'life=black and white' viewpoint.
Well done explaining your well thought out point of view. Man, what were people thinking voting on the x-case, letting a murder happen.
I feel enlightened.

what were people thinking voting on the x-case, letting a murder happen.
I feel enlightened.
Erm the %'s of numerous cases like that are lower then a 56 year old granny's chest who has breastfed all her life.

Take away the exceptional cases where do you Mazzyiane stand on abortion?

Say you had a 1 night stand with some bloke you met at a gig and u discovered u were preggers what would you do?

Also plz don't lie as I would like to remind you that u are still under oath.

Erm the %'s of numerous cases like that are lower then a 56 year old granny's chest who has breastfed all her life.

How do you know the percentages? How do you know why women choose to get abortions?
It's not even acknowlegded that Irish women have abortions because there's people like you hysterically screaming murder.

What I would or wouldn't do personally has no relation to how I feel on this issue.

I wouldn't assume everyone out there is as privliged as I am. I wouldn't want to impose my values, my morals, my assumptions on anyone else.
It should be left it up to the woman who would have to bear the kid to choose whether she is ready, willing or able to have a child. (and the father obviously if he is on the scene - not getting into that debate again)

Why don't you put your effort into looking after already born children, making sure they have good lives?

I'm bowing out of this discussion now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back