Manu thread? (1 Viewer)

Sky's live football coverage is better then all their rivals, I mean who can remember ITV's! :rolleyes:

The othe rbum licking commets reminds me of the commentry in Golf, the commentators always will each ball into the cup and for a player to do well, well if every ball was to go into the cup then surely there'd be no overall winner?

i'd prefer setanta anyday. andy gray's little computer screen. what a load of cock. this littel head will run here, and do this. fucking hell. it's nonsense.

I actually rate Andy Gray's analysis.....also interesting to watch him pile on the pounds over the years too....he could walk into any pub and he'd fit in straight away too.

Ronaldo.jpg

Ronaldo's Free Kick Explained.

True. This Manucho chap who they've just signed looks amazing playing for Angola in the African Nations Cup.

it was a nice goal though

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqYePs74jn8"]YouTube - Manucho vs. Egypt[/ame]

With the 50th anniversary of the Munich aircrash approaching, Manchester United have managed to get themselves into a row after trying to charge £5,000 for footage of the memorial service.

Only MUTV cameras will be allowed at the event, which is being held tomorrow in an Old Trafford suite, and the BBC are furious after being told that they must pay for pictures from the service.

Eight of the Busby Babes were killed in the crash along with three club officials and there is a suggestion in the Daily Mail that Manchester United are trying to cash in on the biggest tragedy in the club's history.

Fans of the club were angered recently after a Munich mural, put up at Old Trafford in memory of those lost, contained club sponsor AIG's logo. The mural was recently paint-bombed.

Officials of the club have claimed that the fee they are demanding is retaliation
for the £3,500 that the BBC charged MUTV for their share of the TV rights of George Best's funeral.

However, after the row this has caused and how fans have responded to such behaviour over a sensitive issue, David Gill has claimed that the club will no longer be charging a fee for the TV rights.

"Notwithstanding the fact that the BBC charged MUTV for pictures of the George Best funeral, the board of MUTV have decided to provide live pictures of the 50th anniversary memorial service free of charge," Gill told the Daily Mail via email.

A BBC spokesperson said, "We can confirm we are taking footage of the memorial service from MUTV and we are pleased to be able to bring coverage of this even to BBC viewers."

Such a row over tragic events such as the Munich aircrash and the death of arguably the club's greatest-ever player is pathetic to say the least and does not bode well for the reputations of either Manchester United or the BBC.

ah the english, they've ALWAYS been delusional, it seems
"Jimmy Armfield, who played with Edwards for England, as well as during national service in the army, told me: "With Duncan Edwards, Roger Byrne and Tommy Taylor in the team, I believe England would have reached the final of the 1958 World Cup, and probably won it. Playing in the same team together I can still see this powerful figure stalking the dressing room and at the time I would think: 'I'm glad he's playing for us.'""

of course you would have won it dear, of course you would. that whelp, who was it? pele? he'd have amounted to nothing. or that gammy legged prostitutes son, what would he have achieved?

ah sure they reckon they should have won every world cup! I always remember when israel beat russia, the pundits immediately said that 'england must be one of the favourites for the euro cup'

england scored a last minute winner in a meaningless friendly against agry in suiss "is this the first step on the road to berlin?" asks motson. for fucks sake.

i've no doubt that edwards was good... just no idea how good. but imagine that michael owen died at 21. he suddenly would have been the greatest player of all time. and yet, we know, for fuckin sure, that he isn't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back