Manchester Airport - Incident (1 Viewer)

Goff

Since 1999
Coming home from manchester airport last night, I had just ordered a round and this horrible screeching alarm went off telling us we had to evacuate as there had been a security incident. The barman, insisted on taking my money and handing me my drinks before letting me go (the drinks that had to stay on the table for forty minutes) and then said "Sure, they won't be touched."

Then we were all coralled downstairs in an area that wasn't particularly safe (not counting the health & safety side of things in that it was a bit of an unsecured building site). And when I say coralled, I mean it. Cars blocked us all in, and a lot of heavy handed security guards were milling about the place, keeping control.

Fair enough, it's a British airport during a time of war. Someone probably left a bag lying around and better safe than sorry.

After forty minutes, we were let back in. No explanations, no nothing.

Everything back to normal, pints still on the table, which we drank, and then Ryanair even managed to be on time.

Thing is, there's no mention of it anywhere.

Is this a common occurence in Brit airports these days? Where do we find out what happened?

most of the way through that story I was convinced that you were going to say your pints were gone when you got back...

sounds pretty crazy. then, I suppose nothing actually happened, so no story? as you said yourself it was probably someone's misplaced bag or something.

Why I only visit UK once or twice a year now and have taken in Sligo and otehr spots for Punk gigs...
Fuck airport security hassle oh and Ryan always late air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back