thumped.com
_41155335_ps3_a203sony.jpg

or

_41141349_360_01.jpg

or

a2349869-6c75-44fe-aaa7-8dfa351a9c90.jpg

????

quite likely, although number two has potential

I don't know what the fuck the designers of number three were thinking... "this'll be good for a laugh", probably.

certainly does. Wont be getting one though until i've finished my education, i have no discipline when it comes to consoles. I just play till it hurts

moc said:
oh yes. could only be. playstations (or is it playstationii?) are but a poor man's xbox

While techno-geeks can ponder forever the potential ramifications of the specs, Sony spoke most clearly through its impressive demos (both tech and also of actual games), showing the potent console at work. Make no mistake: the PlayStation 3 is utterly superior in graphics to the Xbox 360 from what has been shown.
The PS3 also seemed to have significantly more complex polygonal models than the Xbox 360. While the 360’s rather disappointing Ghost Recon 3 looked like a minor facelift from Ghost Recon 2, Killzone on the PlayStation 3 was an eye-opener -- undoubtedly the most beautiful looking FPS game to date (Quake 3 and Half-Life 2 pale in comparison). When comparing the graphics between the 360 and the PS3, the latter has graphics that are true to the phrase "next-generation" while the 360 seems more like a respectable upgrade (say, the jump from PS One to PS2) from the original Xbox.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/mc/20050517/tc_mc/e3xbox360vsplaystation3

sleur said:
get them all.

That'd be cool.
Anyone remember those MMX home computers in the 80's?
A load of manufacturers got together and tried to standardize their home systems so that games could be played on any of them.
They should do that again.

mmx? nope
what were those super dodgy nes knockoffs (or master system?) that came with a whole heap of games on them? piracy-a-go-go

re: these consoles:
which one plays dvds?

PS does. Dunno about the others.
MONDOBRUTALE said:
mmx? nope
what were those super dodgy nes knockoffs (or master system?) that came with a whole heap of games on them? piracy-a-go-go

re: these consoles:
which one plays dvds?

avernus said:
Playstation v Xbox is the new Snes v Megadrive. Oh how I hated those Snes owners!!

i'm with you on this one avernus,

"street fighter will never come out on the megadrive, hahaha"

why i oughta.....

"street fighter will never come out on the megadrive, hahaha"

it did - and it was shitty championship edition and you had to buy 2 new joypads and the colours were fucked (way too purple-y)
and you couldn't play as bison, balrog, vega or sagat. seriously! totally 2nd rate version!

and there was a gore cheat for mortal kombat on the snes...but i'll concede that the mega drive version was better

my ps2 has been used as a dvd player for the last 2 years. are there any good (non tony hawk related) games on it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back