Major Complaints Thread (1 Viewer)

So the other day my car, just back from the garage, wouldn't start. I cycled into work. At hometime I discovered I had a puncture. So now I have no car, two bikes with punctures and there is a rail strike.

A good day to stay in bed.

i still have yr profile page open - was looking for DM. do i start a conversation? was gonna say i'm not sure i can make it, won't be drinking if i do, won't know anyone. so i'll probably grab a copy of the book and leg it... presuming there's no swords launch.

Sadly no Swords launch no, if my bookshop was still open that'd be the obvious place for the launch.

So the other day my car, just back from the garage, wouldn't start. I cycled into work. At hometime I discovered I had a puncture. So now I have no car, two bikes with punctures and there is a rail strike.

hmm.. what a moan bag

this should have been in minor complaints

Had to have a word with the neighbour about his new ritual of hoovering before 7am every morning. It didn't end up in a row or anything but he didn't seem too happy and now my nerves are gone.
what happened in the end with those other fucks who were being dicks about parking across your driveway? is it cold war?

Had to have a word with the neighbour about his new ritual of hoovering before 7am every morning. It didn't end up in a row or anything but he didn't seem too happy and now my nerves are gone.
My neighbour goes for a smoke on his porch at about 7am every morning, which happens to be right outside my bedroom window. His horrible smokers cough wakes me up every morning.

It seems extravagant but buy yourself a couple of spare tubes to have for quick replace. Sometimes you can't mentally face doing a complete puncture repair. It's a nice weekend chore.

And I'd seriously think about investing in those Kevlar tires like Armadillo. I've been bike commuting for 30 years and they are the single best improvement in bike equipment by a goddamn distance.

And no biscuits in bed, Johnny

what happened in the end with those other fucks who were being dicks about parking across your driveway? is it cold war?

It's the same people unfortunately, which is why it's taken me weeks of poor sleep to bring it up :( I was quite spooked about their over-reaction to the last incident and was sneaking in and out of my own house for weeks to avoid them. I've been back on nodding terms with the husband the last few months but I'd rather avoid speaking to them. It's been really difficult trying to work up the courage to talk about the hoovering thing but he's dragging chairs around and lashing off the skirting at 6.45 am every morning, and he kicks off around 8am at the weekends. They've taken to hoovering every afternoon and evening too, it's like they're obsessed with it. I felt this morning that he thought I was being a right crank, even though I tried couching it in the nicest possible way. I'm terrified of his wife so it looks like I'm back to sneaking about for the next while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back