Major Complaints Thread (4 Viewers)

Brother's proposed peace plan is for me to cut my hair, cos my Ma has always hated it, and has spent the last 30 years moaning about it, and now he's pissed off with me cos I'm reluctant
Very generous of him though, to suggest that someone else should make the sacrifice to settle the peace. I wouldn't be reluctant, I'd be telling him to get fucked with quite a bit of gusto.

Me and my brothers all forgot to call my parents on their 50th wedding anniversary on Friday, despite having made various plans to celebrate it that we've had to postpone due to covid and one of the brothers' kids being in hospital. Parents are incensed, and on the warpath. Brother's proposed peace plan is for me to cut my hair, cos my Ma has always hated it, and has spent the last 30 years moaning about it, and now he's pissed off with me cos I'm reluctant

Fuck this shit. Can't believe we're still having this kind of stupid family drama at this stage of my life. Does anyone have a way of placing a phone call to the past, so I can avoid this whole sorry mess?
Lol elderly parents do be acting like spoiled teenagers

Feel safe in the knowledge that you are 100% in the right. Doesn't help the family drama though.

Blame the GLOBAL PANDEMIC for not remembering, despite it not being any of your business anyway. And maybe they are more stressed than normal with covid worry.

Don't cut your hair, that's mental. Offer to order them a takeaway. Large chicken balls and curry sauce.

Wedding anniversaries though. Fuck sakes, you shouldn't have to worry about other people's.

Ah thumped, I know I argue with you pricks all the time, but when it comes down to it it's one of the few places I ever (almost) felt like I belong

tell your brother to gtfo and tell your parents about the person you know who, in the middle of lockdown, forgot what date / day of the week it was and missed his own father's anniversary, and how his his mother had to spend the day alone but he apologised profusely the next day and she forgave him.

I think.

Feel safe in the knowledge that you are 100% in the right. Doesn't help the family drama though.

Blame the GLOBAL PANDEMIC for not remembering, despite it not being any of your business anyway. And maybe they are more stressed than normal with covid worry.

Don't cut your hair, that's mental. Offer to order them a takeaway. Large chicken balls and curry sauce.

Wedding anniversaries though. Fuck sakes, you shouldn't have to worry about other people's.

Choose Life

Don't cut your hair. Definitely not. I have no idea what your hair looks like, but coercion like that is abuse (I'm so woke).

I don't know my parents exact anniversary date, I usually rely on sending a message to one of the siblings to remind me, or I'll go "It's sometime this month isn't it?". None of them will remember either, but through backchannels and bush-phones, we'll work it out.

Don't tell your brother to fuck off or anything, tell him to come up with a better idea.

And there is CoVID. Also, the general state of the world anyway. Everyone's a bit.....y'know.

... and now my cat is sick. Vet says probably cancer, wants to put him down. We know he has some kind of blood parasite, the vet said "call in anytime and get antibiotics for it if he's sick" so I called in two weeks ago and they said "no you have to bring him in" ... then he seemed ok for a little while, so didn't bring him in, then sick again over the w/e, and now they're saying he has cancer and they want to put him down.

:(

I was never all that fond of cats in general, and mostly all he does in annoy me, but it's still upsetting. Kids gonna be distressed

... and now my cat is sick. Vet says probably cancer, wants to put him down. We know he has some kind of blood parasite, the vet said "call in anytime and get antibiotics for it if he's sick" so I called in two weeks ago and they said "no you have to bring him in" ... then he seemed ok for a little while, so didn't bring him in, then sick again over the w/e, and now they're saying he has cancer and they want to put him down.

:(

I was never all that fond of cats in general, and mostly all he does in annoy me, but it's still upsetting. Kids gonna be distressed

ah that’s shite egg. Sorry to hear.

fair few of you thumped folk are having a shite time of it lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back