MAINLINE, THE IMMEDIATE, ABSENT KID - CrawDaddy - Thurs 21st april (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com
For further enquiries, interviews etc, please contact [email protected] or ph 4782037

MAINLINE

ABSENT KID

THE IMMEDIATE

Thursday 21st April. Doors 8pm

CrawDaddy, Old Harcourt St Station, Dublin 2. Tel: 478 0225

Tickets €15 from Ticketmaster and usual outlets

Hotly-tipped Dublin garage rockers MAINLINE headline the Diesel-U-Music tour’ s Dublin leg at CrawDaddy on Thursday 21st April. This part of a six date showcase of some of the brightest new talent discovered by Diesel-U-Music.

Featuring previous winners performing alongside established artists, the tour will visit Liverpool, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Dublin, London and Brighton.

Covering a variety of genres, the tour line up reflects the categories covered in the initiative – Rock, Leftfield, Electronic, Hip Hop, D&B/Breakbeat, DJ and VJ and will visit some of the UK and Ireland’s best-loved underground clubs and venues. Last year’s electro sensation Mylo was the 2002 winner and highly respected London hip hop DJ Yoda also got his first break through the tour. Major acts featured on the tour include Etienne De Crecy, Roni Size, Tom Middleton and Justin Robertson.

The Dublin leg will feature three of the freshest bands of 2005…

Mainline are a Dublin band whose noisy rock sound has seen them compared to The Jesus and MaryChain and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.They’ve supported Primal Scream, Death In Vegas, Ian BrownandThe Bravery, recorded a very well received XFM Session and The Scream’s Bobby Gillespie has declared himself a fan.

2004 Rock winners Absent Kid will be bringing their own brand of furious punk pop and discordant hook-laden thrash to bear on proceedings. Signed to legendary indie label Fierce Panda, who have distributed the first releases by acts such as Coldplay, Embrace and Keane, the band will be showcasing their soon to be released debut album ‘I Burnt Down The Family Business’, which has been described as ‘Radiohead, Seafood and Idlewild in a muddy scrum’.

Finishing off the bill is The Immediate, another Fierce Panda band. An indie rock band in the Libertines/Strokes mould with a penchant for instrument swapping, this Dublin band has built up a cult following with the release of their debut ‘Never Seen’ single in January.

For further enquiries, interviews etc, please contact [email protected] or ph 4782037

Heh. Funny. Even funnier is how Mainline get shoved into other people's support slots because their manager works for MCD. And they're told what clothes to wear. And most importantly, they're really shit.

Ha! That's a phrase that's not used often enough in these parts; Ball Bag
:)

I endevour to used it as much today as possible.

"Chutney, would you like a cup of tea?"

"Ask me ball bag Ma!!!"

SLAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"eh, yes please. Just a little milk and no sugar."

Hotly-tipped, brightest new talent, Diesel-U-Music, Major acts, freshest bands, Libertines/Strokes mould.

No thanks, it all sounds like a steaming pile of semen at a ridiculous and scandilous price. Oh so fresh oh so so so so fresh, so fresh so fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh fresh so so so fresh.

yeah have to say Mainline are a pretty large bank of wank alright that said they are slightly better than Humanzi

actually heard a great rumor that Humanzi must have started the other day. something along the lines of they were offered €1,000,000 (yep 1 MILLION blips) for the use of one of their song for a car ad and they refused

can you imagine?

toyota: here dude we really like your songs. can we use them in one of our ads

talentless git 1: naaaaaa man yer alright

toyota: we'll give you €1,000,000

talentless git 2: na man loike were unsigned and would like to have acess to that kinda international exposure has most bands would. but eh yer alright i we wont bother thanks

muppets:rolleyes:

it's good to see a band with principles in these crazy, topsy turvy times

fuckin spoofers!!

mainline's haircut is nice but . . . i heard they had it patented for one milleeon dollars?

miju said:
actually heard a great rumor that Humanzi must have started the other day. something along the lines of they were offered €1,000,000 (yep 1 MILLION blips) for the use of one of their song for a car ad and they refused

So Mainlines manager works for MCD. Was wondering how they nailed all those supports particularly since they suck bell. Like Halite. Mainline are manufactured pieces of BRMC shite. As for Humanzi....shower of stupid useless regurgitating fuckcunts

My old band had a split single out on Fierce Panda BUT I didn't go round saying we were a "Fierce Panda band". I might sign them to my new SHIT label.....

Ohhhh handbags at dawn .......are the little ladies of Thumped getting their knickers in a knot all of a sudden?

...Ahh don't you just love the smell of fresh Irish bitterness in the morning?

...my god who got out of the wrong side of the bed and then fu cked your mother??? What's the problem....Mainline look a certain way and sound a certain way...you don't like it? don't go and spend money watching them....ahh but then apparantly you already have. Apparantly you like spending money on stuff you dislike..in a torturous kind of way. There are more interesting ways of doing that ...it's called S&M. Well, it's either that or you haven't actually seen the band playing, in which case you're a complete imbecile that doesn't know what your talking about. Besides...if they are so shite why did Loog put out a record for them..?

As for Humanzi.....Humanzi haven't so much as opened their mouths about what they are doing.. and already you little wank bag muppets are spreading your bitterness all over the internet because you've nothing better to do.

Let it go lads...if these bands are as sh it as you proclaim then no one will be putting any money into them and they wont be getting any gigs and therefore will shortly disappear and you wont have to worry about it anymore. On the other hand if the opposite happens and they make a success of what they are doing..then your argument is null and void. I'm really disappointed that you honestly have nothing better to use in an argument then slagging off someone's haircut?

That's unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back