Low (1 Viewer)

mighty bob

Since 2000
Gig coming up in the Olympia - hurray - but does anyone have a clue about when they'll be releasing anything new? Or can anybody name more than four Fraggles? Either way, you'll have earned my respect.

their new album just came out in america, so it should be out over here pretty soon. it's called 'things we lost in the fire'. check http://www.chairkickers.com for more details.

red
mokey
gobo
wembley
boober
and not forgetting the doozers

and low's new lp is lovely.

Holy shit. Well done, Kirstie.
Although it's Goober.
And then there's Uncle Travelling Matt.
Now, for 5 bonus points, somebody tell me what the fat bastards who lived in Garbage on the surface were called.....the bad guys....HEY MAW! I CAUGHT A FWAGGLE!

the gorgs or something

In related fraggle rock news: one of my mates had a fraggle rock duvet cover and her brother let his mate sleep in her bed and said mate jipped all over said duvet cover.
I never felt the same about fraggle rock after that.

Nope, it's definitely Gobo and te big lads were called Gorgs, disappointingly enough.

"The Gorgs, Junior, Ma and Pa, rule over the Radish Garden. Their ambition in life is to chase and thump the Fraggles. They are the only ones left of their race, but they truly believe that they are the King and Queen of the Gorgs. They think that there are many other gorgs around, but they are in different places. The Gorgs are a big problem for the Fraggles as their favorite food is radishes and they only grow in the Gorg's garden. They also have to cross the garden to talk to the Almight Trash Heap who gives them advice. "

Sorry. On relection Boober is correct. I got confused by that diatribe by homer Simpson on Barbecues;
"You gotta have meat at a barbecue Lisa. If I went to a barbecue, and there was no meat, I'd say "Yo Goober! Where's the Meat?!!"
Fucking poetry....

i always thought Kim Thayl from soundgarden looked like one of those guys (gorgs?...excuse my ignorance) who lived overground.

No no Chickenham, you have it all arseyways - you're thinking of Sprocket, Doc's dog. He knew the Fraggles existed but Doc didn't. Boober is "a shy Fraggle whose best friend is Wembley. He admires Mokey the most for her artistic talents and Gobo for his bravery. He has a doom-and gloom- attitude and always expects the worst. Although he never means to, he often has the best plans for rescuing his friends if he has to"

kirstie, where oh where are you getting all this from? do you have some sort of fraggle rock annual or something? that's quite scary.

I think I'm just far more talented in the use of search engines than the rest of you to be honest. I'm more a Muppets gal, I'm a bit old to have been *really* addicted to Fraggle Rock. But Waldorf and Stadler, they're yer men.

No no Kirstie. Now you've got it arseways. Chickenham is referring to John's confusion between Boober and Goober. Goober is a dog from an entirely different cartoon called Goober and the Ghostchasers which I used to love. But not as much as I loved HR Puffenstuff (who's your friend when things get rough?)

Vinnie (12-02-2001 09:51 a.m.):
But not as much as I loved HR Puffenstuff (who's your friend when things get rough?)

I had occasion to buy the HR Pufnstuff DVD last year (for a friend. No, really.) It is truly one of the most bizarre things i have ever seen.

One of the extras on the DVD is an interview with the english child star of the show - who is now looking seriously fucked up. Imagine ... say, an emaciated nick cotton if you get the picture....

The really strange thing is that for some reason the video of the interview is presented as a series of stills, while the audio plays in real time, if you know what i mean.

Jesus Pete. Where did you come across that? I scoured the web looking for the theme tune about 6 months ago but not a sausage was to be found.

Egg, Im 26 and Fraggle Rock was a little after my time too. I liked it but not as much as I loved say, The Banana Splits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back