Low (1 Viewer)

Bah re: confusion over boober vs goober.

I'm (nearly) 27. Battlestar Galactica and the Muppet Show and the Adventure Game remain favourite childhood tv shows.

And HR Puffenstuff RULED with fists of hardened, sharpened steel. Witchypoo has a lot to answer for re: stripey tights on adults. Shall not be able to continue with this discussion for a day or so as I am just about to go to London to see Steve Malkmus.
(God, I've been *dying* to casually stick than on the end of a message. Score)

Vinnie (12-02-2001 10:29 a.m.):
Also, Pete, how did you have occasion to buy the HR Puffnstuff DVD? Seriously?

A friend was looking for it - i got it on www.express.com for him for a tenner or something. I'm currently waiting on King Of Death Match to arrive.

Can I also recommend the Hanna Barbera theme tune CD - complete with jazz rendition of the Flintstones theme......

oohh..can I borrey it when I give you Spinal Tap back please? In return you can borrow any of my extensive 80's bratpack video collection.

er...

supergrass have a song called 'bums and tits and fannies and arses' (i suppose it's called i mean..) and the verse goes: "your father is a gorg and a womble is your mum, luckily, for you and me, she's got a lovely bum.. oh! bums and tits and fannies and arses..."

and the ONLY muppet-type show is fraggle rock... no fucking contest...

I know somebody who did their thesis on 80's bratpack movies.

Oxford Blues was on over christmas. That Rob Lowe sure stuck to those stuck-up toffs. I nearly cried when he was let back into the rowing team.

I got a Dungeons and Dragons video for Christmas. And just found the theme tune for the Mysterious Cities of Gold. It's kind of frightening that I feel such a sense of achievement now...oh well.

Oxford blues just isn't of the calibre of anything starring John Cusack or Molly Ringwald or Judd Nelson though. Or anything starring my hero, Chevy Chase.

Someone should write their thesis about Fast Times at Ridgemont High, with particular reference to any and all lack of acting, a plot / developing storyline, character development, moral judgements (80's films MUST have a moral judgement line, a la Jerry Springer, or must blow apart stereotyopes a la Molly 'princess' Ringwald getting it on with Judd 'Bad Boy' Nelson in the Breakfast club) or basically anything that makes a good film, ever. It's still bleedin' deadly though, plus one of the blokes in it looks like David Kitt, albeit a squashed version of him.

kirstie - dooG yreV
The Adventure Game - now that was one seriously freaky piece of TV. The Red Salamander and then the bit at the end where they'd have to get across this criss-crossed floor pattern thingy floating in space or something - i'm 24 now so you can understand if it seemed a bit weird 'cos i would've been aboot 3 at the time.
anyways back to reminiscing - bod, mr. benn, jamie and his magic torch, the flumps, bagpuss, fingermouse, chorlton and the wheelies, trumpton (windy miller- ahhhh), dangermouse, king rolo, alias the jester, monkey magic...
they just don't make 'em like they used to.

RE: http://tv.cream.org/
sweet holy mother of muck! all the old theme's mp3-ed and everything - right there's no work being done here this afternoon...

ah! tangents! mad kids tv ones! stop! so, eh... the low album. good, yeah? surely this thread should turn into a litany of embittered sideswipes at low from the kids? isn't that how this place works?

i'd prefer a litany of embittered sideswipes at low from their kids.

that would be much much better

Low, in their mormonship, probably don't allow this but have wild polygamist freak-outs instead when the kids are up in bed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back