Love/Hate (5 Viewers)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Anyone see this the other night? I watched it on the RTE player last night there, more to hear what Aidan Gillen's Dublin accent sounds like than anything else.

Anyway, it wasn't bad really, despite not that much happening.

One of RTE's better efforts if the first episode is anything to go by (I think its a 4-part series)

Everyone is so pretty in it though. Thats hardly reflective of Irish society now is it!

I'm kind of bored with it now. Its like each episode has this one thing that happens, and they drag it out for the whole hour.

But I do still kind of like it. The actors in anyways. Brendan Gleeson's son is good, if maybe not the best person ever to play a scrote

You should here my lady do a Tallaght accent it's fucking gas. She's from Dundrum.

i can't watch this show because your one with the horrible red streaks drives me up the fucking wall. It's like the writers went "okay they're a couple with a kid, what should the woman be like ? I know a one dimensional nagging bitch. Perfect"

Last night's episode was the best so far.

A few things:

Why so many adverts for Dundrum Centre?

Why is Aidan Gillen the crime boss, he looks really uncomfortable in the role, ridiculous even?

The main love-interest character isn't skangy enough, he looks like a male model or somesuch.

In the first two episodes both the dialogue and the scene setting could/should have been tighter.

Why does your man have a bebo page? He's about 40 and it's 2010.

End of Episode 2 why were they filming the practice for youtube? I bet they thought it would be a clever ending but jaysus it was cheese-orama.

Brendan Gleeson's son is Brendan Gleeson, kinda terrifying how like his da he is, he's probably my favourite character and possibly the best actor in the show.

None of them seem to live in ropey areas of Dublin which strikes me as a tad strange.

I'd liked to have heard some Irish hip-hop on the soundtrack.

Last night's episode was the best so far.

Brendan Gleeson's son is Brendan Gleeson, kinda terrifying how like his da he is, he's probably my favourite character and possibly the best actor in the show.

None of them seem to live in ropey areas of Dublin which strikes me as a tad strange.

I'd liked to have heard some Irish hip-hop on the soundtrack.

Yeah I'd forgotten about that where are they supposed to be exactly ? is it carrickstowns uppercrust suburb ?
Brendan Gleesons son would fucking want to be good I once missed a penalty in a match my Da was at and he spent two hours running through everyone he'd ever scored.

Last episode, apart from some bizarre wedding sequences, was probably the best of the 4. Taut, tense etc. The show overall was flawed but was somewhat redeemed by the last episode imho.

Last episode, apart from some bizarre wedding sequences, was probably the best of the 4. Taut, tense etc. The show overall was flawed but was somewhat redeemed by the last episode imho.

The wedding
roflcopter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back