lost was really bad last night (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 449
  • Views 27K
  • Watchers 7
We shall see in a few days anyway. Interested to know where they are gonna go from here with the series because the mysteries are being stripped back.

the reason that theres so many filler episodes is cos the writers had it all wrapped up in 3 seasons, but abc wanted 7, but they talked them down to 5 - so they have to spread the story over an extra 2 series...

the reason that theres so many filler episodes is cos the writers had it all wrapped up in 3 seasons, but abc wanted 7, but they talked them down to 5 - so they have to spread the story over an extra 2 series...

I think there have only been a few filler episodes overall and I'm happy to keep watching it. I just think something big is needed around now. If there are to be 5 series, then we are halfway through the entire thing. Only another 60 or so episodes to go!

I knew the network wanted 7 and that they agreed on 5 but I never heard about their initial plan for 3.

I thought though in the first season that they more or less made it up as they went along and then when they had to decide on what was in the hatch they basically had to invent the dharma etc and then that has dictated how they have had to write the show.

I knew the network wanted 7 and that they agreed on 5 but I never heard about their initial plan for 3.

I thought though in the first season that they more or less made it up as they went along and then when they had to decide on what was in the hatch they basically had to invent the dharma etc and then that has dictated how they have had to write the show.

If you ever listen to those podcasts they put out, Lindelof said that they never introduced anything into the show if they didn't know what it was or where it was going.
They say they have always known how it would end but how long it would take to get there is another matter. Obviously they didn't write 3 series before the first one was a success. Nobody does that.
They had the first series written and an outline for the remainder of the story but that had to be padded out when 5 series were agreed upon. This happens in all series.

Its not like 24 had six series worth of episodes when it started.

You can't compare 24s writing style though to anything else because of the strict time nature of that show.

Im still pretty sure I heard they spent the entire break of the first and second season thinking up what would be inside the hatch.

Definetely think they run the risk of getting cancelled if they don't keep giving answers.

You can't compare 24s writing style though to anything else because of the strict time nature of that show.

Im still pretty sure I heard they spent the entire break of the first and second season thinking up what would be inside the hatch.

Definetely think they run the risk of getting cancelled if they don't keep giving answers.

I'm not comparing the writing style of 24 to Lost, Tim. I'm just saying that no series starts with every script written or knowing how many series there will be.

Lost won't be cancelled. It's too popular. It would have to veer into Twin Peaks territory for that. Much as I love Twin Peaks, I am surprised it ever got made in the first place. The fact it was cancelled was sad but no surprise whatsoever. Still, the cancelling made for the best final scene of any series ever!

"How's Annie? HOW'S ANNIE?"

I'm not comparing the writing style of 24 to Lost, Tim. I'm just saying that no series starts with every script written or knowing how many series there will be.

Lost won't be cancelled. It's too popular. It would have to veer into Twin Peaks territory for that. Much as I love Twin Peaks, I am surprised it ever got made in the first place. The fact it was cancelled was sad but no surprise whatsoever. Still, the cancelling made for the best final scene of any series ever!

"How's Annie? HOW'S ANNIE?"

bobrush.JPG

Im worried that lost might suffer the same fate. If it does though, they only have themselves to blame...

Im interested now to see how they go about opening up the show another notch so that they can finish the 5 seasons. Pretty much now we have the survivors getting into the others camp/living area. So Im thinking a lot of things should be answered. They promised a character bomb and a story bomb, dont know if either of them have happened yet.

Im interested now to see how they go about opening up the show another notch so that they can finish the 5 seasons. Pretty much now we have the survivors getting into the others camp/living area. So Im thinking a lot of things should be answered. They promised a character bomb and a story bomb, dont know if either of them have happened yet.
given that Locke is currently lugging around a lump of C4, i'd say we can expect a literal bomb quite soon.

doubt they'll be back this season. afterall they got the magic compass degrees.

OH and by the way. weren't Locke , Sayid, Kate and co following the same degrees north towards the others camp. I remember it being like 3.3 or sometihng.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back