liverpool - psv (1 Viewer)

I think this draw is about as good as anyone could have hoped for. In PSV we have a very realistic chance of making the semis, in fairness, Arsenal really should have beaten them.

But in general I think the draw is really interesting, and Im glad the three premiership clubs didnt draw each other, if only for the fact that we see them play each other enough over the season.

Liverpool vs Valencia or Chelsea is a great semi, Benitez against his old side, or Benitez doing the double over the not-so-special one.

Valencia though are definitely the team I didnt want in this round.
I fancy Bayern against Milan, probably Valencia against the Blues and as much as I hate to say it, I think Man U could turn over Roma, who have yet to impress and find some form in the champions league this season.

Also, the Pool have been blessed with the away leg being played first, Anfield for the secodn leg, and that will also be the case if we make it to the semis.

Oh roll on Number 6!

psv is a good draw. they failed to score against the pool twice this season.
but i'm not counting any chickens just yet. they wont be as easy as everyone thinks.

i also think chelsea can take valencia.
man ure should do roma
and after watching milan over the two legs against celtic, bayern should take them.

yeah lets not get cocky. remember burnly lads. and what marked the run to teh final, and indeed the final, was our staunch belief that we were gonna get beaten by everyone....

i think valencia will take chelsea, they're not quite as coherent as they could be right now. lamps and terry with contract issues... take drogba out of the game, see where their goals come from. hello didier, may name is roberto ayala and i like to kick. kick kickity kick.

now now, we're not the english media with "the preiership is teh best in the world" cock. Roma are riding high at the moment, winning at lyon is no mean feat, and valencia are very good, might win the league this year. wouldn't put it past them. it won't be no stroll.

Injuries will be interesting. Will Chelsea have Terry, will United have any strikers?
I couldn't believe the stats I heard about Rooney and Ronaldo's non-scoring feats before the Lille game. They're frankly unbelievable.

Its a fucking great draw and the Champions League is nearly always deadly and nearly always produces a classic game or two. I went to the Barcelona vs Pool game, and it was cracking... good to see the miserly tactical game winning out over the arty-farty petulant Henry/Dinho shit. Boo-urns to flair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back