List of LPs / CDs you really should buy in ROAD RECORDS (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 17K
  • Watchers 15
I'm gonna have to go buy all the Irish albums I've been meaning to buy for ages. Fair play to everybody offering up their stuff.

Great idea.
I sent an email to road last week saying I wasn't going to collect.
Great minds.

Anyway, consider 7" ep and CD album by Omelette as part of the Road Aid thingy

does anyone know if the phone number listed on the road records website (01-671-7340) is still working? or is there another number i can get them at?

trying to organise getting some stock in to road via friends at the moment, as i'm not in ireland, and it'd be easier to give them a ring about it if i can.

edit: nevermind, i just got through. must've been my phone being weird.

Adebisi Shank - Self Titled EP
Adebisi Shank - "This is the album of a band called Adebisi Shank"
Bats - "Cruel Sea Scientist"
The Vinny Club - "Rocky IV Rekyrd"

Deadly! Me and the missus picked up these 4 the other day amongst other things :) Figured you'd donate the money too but tis nice to know for sure!

Really gutted to hear about Road shutting down.I always assumed they'd always be there.
Almost ten years ago I bashfully walked in there with my first ever recording and handed it to Dave and Julie asking them to consider putting it for sale in the shop.They were the first record shop to help me out and show any kind of interest whatsoever.I'm truly thankful to them for giving me a sense of direction.\

Fade street wont be the same again.

Please keep me in mind if and when you're putting together a bill for a benefit gig.I'd be more than willing to show my support in any way.

Adrian (Crowley)

just got some stuff by the hunt club, hey collosus and goodtime john today. it all sounds deadly. hope to head in there again later in the week and get the dudley corporation and the waiting room.
saw spellbounds album in there before. want to grab a copy of that too

I'm too skint to go in.Its killing me.

That's nice to hear that there's no Mound left (in a way). We may try to get some in but I'd imagine the last thing they need right now is more stock. Just buy the Corpo or the Spook instead, play at 45rpm.

Almost bought 3 Bruce Springsteen albums for 7euro in HMV today then felt a pang of guilt hit me on the way up to the counter and put it back, shall be into Road this weekend for some cds.

If any bands are reading this and said they would drop in stuff, can they do by this weekend?
I myself will be shopping then and know of a number of people who only get a chance to get in at the weekend as well.
Would be good to have stuff in there for people who are ready to part with cash!
Thanks

If any bands are reading this and said they would drop in stuff, can they do by this weekend?
I myself will be shopping then and know of a number of people who only get a chance to get in at the weekend as well.
Would be good to have stuff in there for people who are ready to part with cash!
Thanks

i dropped in some redneck manifesto double cd's with our first two albums in there just now in anyway..

(we'll take em back if they don't sell them at the end)

was so nice to talk to dave, it's going to be so weird when they are not there any more

managed to pick up loads of irish albums i had been meaning to get for ages, spook, dudleys, barry mc cormack and loads more.. sweet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back