Lift To Experience (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

i love this band so so much but does anybody know what they're up to? are they still together? i heard they took a break because their bass player's wife died, which was a good while back. Enlighten me somebody, please!

I think they were actually in Ireland touring the Texas Jerusalem crossroads album when she died, remember jay ahern or dave fanning or someone mentioning it on the radio...

aye, they were due to play dublin castle with some shite bands. they were in studio doing some recording when news of the death arrived. they promptly recorded a version of 'amazing grace', take from that what you will, but its not at all surprising given their regular subject matter.
last i heard, josh pearson had recorded a solo record with the other two.
sad that yer man is selling his axe. i've only ever sold one guitar and i regret it to this day.

I can't get it out of my head when listening to that album that it sounds kinda like some really dodgy Irish 1980's indie band. Is it the vocals? Some of the guitars have that pseudo-epic-reverby-Edge feel to them don't they?? Anyone else see this ..... or it it just me ...

hugh said:
I can't get it out of my head when listening to that album that it sounds kinda like some really dodgy Irish 1980's indie band. Is it the vocals? Some of the guitars have that pseudo-epic-reverby-Edge feel to them don't they?? Anyone else see this ..... or it it just me ...

The guitars remind me of MBV or perhaps the Gun Club. I think the production on that album is fantastic, but I remember alot of people saying how they thought it was horrible. One mans bacon etc.

so are they doing anything anymore as a band? the website only seems to have info on the solo career, but i'd be interested in hearing that too. i can understand why they wouldnt, what happened to their bass player doesnt even bear thinking about.

i dunno about that dodgy eighties connection... they're one of the few bands with what i like to call the "explosions in the sky touch" which is that they have a totally unique power to completely envelop you while you're listening to them... that sounds crazy but everytime i listen to that record i get this unnnamable feeling

Here Hugh, guitars sound a bit U2 in places, but no more that say... the likes of Omelette does... ahem...
But yer man DOES sound a lot like Martin McCann from Sack in places...
Martins a great singer buh

does anyone know the name of a track by LTE with the line"...and texas is the reason"
in it.
i saw the video for it a while back and was quite impressed.

thats a song called These Are The DAys, from their Texas Jerusalem Crossroads album... which is absolutely amazing

"a new sort of experience is taking over; cos we're simply the best band in the whole damn land... and texas is the reason"

Yehaw!
2.jpg

"the ground so soft" is such an amazing song. last i heard they have actually written a full album but are not planning on going into the studio to record it til next year.

hugh said:

Here, was it Big Country you were thinking of? Although they are Scottish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back