liege and stuff.. (1 Viewer)

marko

Website
Visit site
hey,anyway,got back from liege yesterday,was class!!!!
oh as for kens comments on spiky dickheads in liege,i didnt see a spike all week,only mad long dreads.......
anyway,conor post up the list of stuff from belgium ala warzone fest,shud be interesting reading.
anyway,la fraction for me were the band of the festival,was talking to them after and they said theyd love to come to ireland,so i might try and organise something....
i was thinking of a 3 day tour of ireland with other bands,one in dublin,one in belfast and one in either cork or galway.....
if anyone can help itd be great.i was just wondering how do u go about booking the temple,is it through john toxic?and if so how much does it cost....
cheers,mark

im lost.....

"no
No Liege is full of dickhead smelly punks with spikey hair"
this was a quote from pigeon 2???
anyway again anyone who thinks they can help with this la fraction tour itd be class,theyre a really deadly band.

mark,

don't necessarily include belfast, and think about doing it in limerick. i could help with that one.
the temple is pricey, yes you have to book it through john. its fine if you are guaranteed over 80 people turning up but for example, if it was a weekend gig with 50 punters paying in at 6 euro a head, you'd be paying the band out of your own pocket.

also if they're coming from france just to ireland its going to cost them a shitload (rosslare - wherever in france, its a long journey and expensive, right?), so they'll either need a lot of gigs in ireland or else to do a uk tour as well.
just some things to think about.
i'll help if you want.

yehhh was thinking that

yeh i was thinking about costs and all earlier...
i dont really know how tours usually work with regards paying bands and all... yeh the temple is real dear but where else is possible,maybe parnell mooneys or are they still letting gigs go on there? emmmm yeh cheers byrneos and damien,i more than likely will need help cos i dont really have a clue bout organising gigs,let alone a tour.... they seemed pretty sound about doing a tour in ireland and were fairly enthusiastic cos they never played here,only in england,so i wouldnt say theyd be cunts about money or anything too much... i asked ror outta puget sound and he said theyd tour with them if they came,and probably americancer.....so it could be a damn rockin tour if i can get help from ppl outside of dublin.....emm yeh is limerick good for gigs???
opinions are strongly welcome as to where to put them on and when and wat to pay,etc,etc.
cheers mark

yeah limerick is usually a good bet for gigs, although the last few havent gone too well.

having irish bands tour with la fraction is not a good idea, unless they have space for them in their van. otherwise the irish band will end up getting buses around to the gigs, which works out really expensive, meaning either the irish band will lose a lot of money or la fraction will lose out as local promoters pay them less to pay the irish band a bit as well.
best bet is to have local supports in each place.

right now, to the best of my knowledge, its possible for DIY gigs to happen in:

dublin, kilcoole, cork, limerick, galway, ballymahon (longford), belfast, derry and ballymoney (dont even know where this is but w.o.r.m. told me they're playing there).

there are other places (eg carlow) that you might be able to do too.

as for money, i've always considered it bad form to put on a touring band and pay them less than £100 (old money of course, haven't put on a touring band since the euro came in, but thats like €125 anyway).

for a basic idea of gig putting on, you could read this : http://www.thingsyouremissing.com/php/user_system.php?action=view_resource&resource_id=1

not blowing my own trumpet or anything but i havent seen any other simple, ireland/dublin-focused introduction to gig putting on.

uhh even though you wouldnt know it, the gz collective does exist to some extent at the moment. there are only a few people interested in being involved i think but you can be sure of their help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back