LIARS / THURSTON MOORE (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 6
who are you kidding? that gig was a load of arse. shit sound, couldn't hear anything but violin for most of the gig. The man himself was in good form so that was nice

first 4/5 songs, loads of violin, no drums, awful guitar sounds after that violin disappeared for a while. i was standing behind the sound desk too. should've went to HTRK instead, waste of time......

Liars were great. First time I'd ever heard them, live or on record and was really impressed. My ears are completely sizzled too though.

Thurston was great although the sound was pretty atrocious for the first part. Heather Leigh Murray was awful.

sound in tripod is muck if your not down at the front level. terrible.

I was up in the balcony bit, on the side, and I thought the sound was great, I was actually sort of impressed... never got too shrill and the acoustic guitars were feedbacking in a really fat melodic way.... Cracking gig way more tunes then i was expecting

I was up in the balcony bit, on the side, and I thought the sound was great, I was actually sort of impressed... never got too shrill and the acoustic guitars were feedbacking in a really fat melodic way.... Cracking gig way more tunes then i was expecting

i liked that one about kim gordon - very catchy. i was impressed with the bass playing and steve shelley appeared to be having a great time altogether.

steve shelly is soooo cool. i love his ways.

i was greatly entertained by the bass player who seemed to think he was in TestamenT. i only just got the new album so i wasn't too familiar with the new songs but they sounded really great. can't rememebr there being so many intrumental bits on it though. i was all over the venue: near the front, on the balony and by the desk, and the sound was pretty good everywhere i thought.

encore was amazing.

steve shelly is soooo cool. i love his ways.

i was greatly entertained by the bass player who seemed to think he was in TestamenT. i only just got the new album so i wasn't too familiar with the new songs but they sounded really great. can't rememebr there being so many intrumental bits on it though. i was all over the venue: near the front, on the balony and by the desk, and the sound was pretty good everywhere i thought.

encore was amazing.

bass player is matt heyner - he played with paul flaherty and chris corsano at lazybird one time. he is a nice guy. he plays with the no neck blues band too, i think

I thought Thurston was pretty average, nothing bad to say about the gig but apart from a few songs it didn't really do it for me. I really like the album too. He did seem in good spirits though.

Liars were very, very good. It's a shame that seemingly none of them could sing the "AH"s on "The Other Side Of Mt. Heart Attack" live.

bass player is matt heyner - he played with paul flaherty and chris corsano at lazybird one time. he is a nice guy. he plays with the no neck blues band too, i think

aahhhhhh! i thought he looked familiar. no-neck-blues-band confused the fuck out of me at thurstons atp last year. he can strike the metal poses so he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back