LIARS / THURSTON MOORE (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 6
there was lads working there (wearing all black) walking around in the crowd and shoving past me all evening but not really accomplishing anything. they were ok though. didnt see any mopping
i spilled a bit of drink to see would they mop it up.
they didnt.
bizzarree.

Can they now wait till it's over to pick shit up

It wasn't too bad last night, but at Ani DeFranco a couple of weeks back it got very tiresome.

i thought Thurston Moore was fantastic.
true, the acoustic guitar sounded a bit shrill but i thought they worked with it well.
he was in fine form, and yeah, he could easily pass for 19 from a distance!
49?!

Liars were really impressive too, they put on a good show and managed to get everyone worked up but a lot of their songs just don't do much for me.
Definitely preferred Thurston.

re: the moppers in Tripod?
they nudged past me every 5 minutes to mop the same spot for no apparent reason.
i felt like i was living on some alien planet.

not excessively no... what I'm thinking of was defintely the acoustic guitars, what with them holding them at angles to amps, etc, etc, etc...

I really can't fault the sound, between that and the Animal Collective gig Tripod is kicking ass in the "Big Wall O' Noise Delivered Cleanly And Powerfully Without Busting Heads" department...

which as well all know is the most important of all departments...

i must go up to this balcony. cos the sound downstairs has been muck for the last 2 gigs i've been at there (co-incidentally animal collective and thurston) both those gigs were far from clear, fair enough its at a perfect level to enjoy. animal collective was very poor too, loads of emphasis on bass and vocals... what about all the in betweens?

give me vicar street any day of the week. where you can not get your head blown off and still hear the music properly.

fair enough the feedback you speak of was coming from the guitars, but there was loads of low end feedback of the Floor Tom and Bass Guitar. i was miserable at this. until the last song. (it still sounded crap until it was just the last 2 songs, and even they sounded bad.)

well it was an ampeg.

Good Ampegs sound amazing e.g. Richie's one. It's just that often touring bands use rented ones that have been battered to shit and are in rag order and therefore sound crap.

The bass was practically inaudible from my gaff. Not like U2. I could hear them when they played. They must be better than these Moppers.

i must go up to this balcony. cos the sound downstairs has been muck for the last 2 gigs i've been at there (co-incidentally animal collective and thurston) both those gigs were far from clear, fair enough its at a perfect level to enjoy. animal collective was very poor too, loads of emphasis on bass and vocals... what about all the in betweens?

give me vicar street any day of the week. where you can not get your head blown off and still hear the music properly.

fair enough the feedback you speak of was coming from the guitars, but there was loads of low end feedback of the Floor Tom and Bass Guitar. i was miserable at this. until the last song. (it still sounded crap until it was just the last 2 songs, and even they sounded bad.)
at Beiruit, we were mostly at the back near the deesk and we could whisper over the band. terrible volume. and everything sounded like ti does in the back part of the village venue. so we moved up very very close and it was so so much better.
for slint i made sure i was up the front and it made a world of difference.

What did people think of the sound off the hi-hat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back