Letter to Emily (2 Viewers)

Presumably louder?

I'm happy enough with my Palace Bros vinyl. The original Palace Music comp on CD is a nice sounding disc.

That's what I was thinking. I like the sound of the originals. Heard a remastered version of one of their quietest songs (We All Us Three Will Ride) and its loudness just didn't sound right.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bottom line - the recorded music industry is dead save for the lucky few who are blowbanging someone with a bit of clout in the pimping choons dept.

The internet shafted us good and proper.This topic has been done to death and its never going back to before.It cant.Not possible.

I still would'nt change it though.Because the same technology that allows music piracy also affords people the opportunity to own the Waves Mercury bundle and make their own hits.

Its all win.I you don't mind a spot of penury,and most musicians can live with that I think.Except the ones that wanna do loads of coke and bang teenagers.

Bottom line - the recorded music industry is dead save for the lucky few who are blowbanging someone with a bit of clout in the pimping choons dept.

The internet shafted us good and proper.This topic has been done to death and its never going back to before.It cant.Not possible.

I still would'nt change it though.Because the same technology that allows music piracy also affords people the opportunity to own the Waves Mercury bundle and make their own hits.

Its all win.I you don't mind a spot of penury,and most musicians can live with that I think.Except the ones that wanna do loads of coke and bang teenagers.

Exactly.

I wish some clever bastard would come up with a way to torrent electricity..then we'd be in clover

Music can no more stop evolving than we can.

Only yesterday I invented something thats never been done before.To do that I took a load of stuff that has been done before and robbed it and lashed a bit of something something on it and called it new.Thats evolution right there.
And I'm pretty certain most of what I robbed came from torrents of music I never woulda heard if it wasnt for torrents.And Cheap Tricks first lp.

If the Beatles can make Strawberry Fields Forever on a couple of 4-tracks, I think the evolution of music can get by with all the vastly superior, cheap technology we have today.

If the Beatles can make Strawberry Fields Forever on a couple of 4-tracks, I think the evolution of music can get by with all the vastly superior, cheap technology we have today.

I think people need to understand that those four track were probably 2 inch tape rather than cassette four tracks like we have these days. Have you seen the price of two inch tape the recorders to use them?

I think people need to understand that those four track were probably 2 inch tape rather than cassette four tracks like we have these days. Have you seen the price of two inch tape the recorders to use them?

I have not. It's a fair point.

And most people could probably not afford George Martin to produce either.

I was chancing my arm. Didn't think anyone would pull me on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back