Leonard Cohen - can you just imagine how much tickets will be for this? (1 Viewer)

I saw him being interviewed by some blonde german lass on telly once and it was fantastic.

She pretty much asked could she sleep with him at the end of the chat.

I saw him being interviewed by some blonde german lass on telly once and it was fantastic.

She pretty much asked could she sleep with him at the end of the chat.

Oh I know that one. Regularly pops up on the Biography Channel. They walk off arm in arm along cobbled streets at the end of it. Hi. Larious.

try and find this
Leonard-Cohen-Greatest-Hits-237381.jpg

If you can't find this god help you!

Took me ages to like Cohen but then I went through big phase. The turning point was hearing 'Take This Longing' once by suprise on a quiet night. That song is so fucking heavy.

However outdoor seated show? Hmm. Not that bothered with seeing him live to be honest, especially not if it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.

If you can't find this god help you!

heh heh

you'd be surprised by some people though.

I've heard this one a few times.

'John is looking for [insert fairly well known but deleted album, tons of second hand copies around] and can't get it anywhere. Any shop he tries* can't get it for him'.

* usually Golden Discs or some crappy equivalent that string the clueless John along by saying 'I'll try and order it for you' instead of the more humane 'it's deleted, try the second hand market - ebay, Amazon Marketplace, Spindizzy etc'

his voice on it is just astounding, he could be reading the phonebook and you'd still be hanging on his every word...

Darn right. Saw him being interviewed by Philip Glass last year, before a performance of PG's opera based on his Book of Longing poems. Somebody asked him to recite one of the poems, and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. And all the other necks in the Royal Festival Hall, I'd wager.

anyone know when tix are on sale for this? the ma wants some but is out of the country.

It's been a while since he's toured. He's got some really cool music. I guess I better be saving up to see him live in action. Thanks for sharing...

-Sam W, UMGD

€88.50 - €115.00
Onsale to General Public: Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

POD CONCERTS & AEG LIVE
LEONARD COHEN
GROUNDS OF ROYAL HOSPITAL
KILMAINHAM - OUTDOORS
GATES 5:30PM : SHOW 7:30PM
SAT 14-JUNE-08

saw 15th listed on p'fork too, but no sign of it on sale yet. he's free on 13th and 16th too.

€88.50 - €115.00
Onsale to General Public: Fri 14/03/08, 09:00

POD CONCERTS & AEG LIVE
LEONARD COHEN
GROUNDS OF ROYAL HOSPITAL
KILMAINHAM - OUTDOORS
GATES 5:30PM : SHOW 7:30PM
SAT 14-JUNE-08

saw 15th listed on p'fork too, but no sign of it on sale yet. he's free on 13th and 16th too.

Ouch!!!! I know he's stuck for money but....:) I bought my primavera ticket for 89.

Ouch!!!! I know he's stuck for money but....:) I bought my primavera ticket for 89.

Actually less than I thought it would be. He's playing in the 02 Centre (i.e. the Millenium Dome) in London, which would be wrong, wrong, WRONG! so I'm going to try and get to the Dublin one instead.

Actually less than I thought it would be. He's playing in the 02 Centre (i.e. the Millenium Dome) in London, which would be wrong, wrong, WRONG! so I'm going to try and get to the Dublin one instead.

Yeah i think 80 was the cheapest you could have expected but 115 is harsh, wonder who else will play... i really want to go but when you're paying 89 euro for 3 days of class bands it's hard to justify, though i'm thinking of every possible excuse to do so... having said that devo tickets in vicar street were pretty pricey and now they on the primavera line up.

See they've just announced a second date for this this morning.

Jasus.

And heres me coming into work early

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back