Leonard Cohen - can you just imagine how much tickets will be for this? (1 Viewer)

I'm going to Beni and when I saw he was added I was just "...and leonard cohen". I didn't realise it was such a big deal, and I don't think I even know many more than that one Leonard Cohen song.

Maybe I should do research.

wow!

though how many years has it been since Lenny's done anything decent? I mean I love the mad fucker, but...

Four. 'Dear Heather' was pretty good. Not quite as good as 'The Future'.

True story (apparently): a friend of a friend of mine shagged Leonard Cohen a few years back and prior to getting down to bidniss Leonard Cohen advised her he was going to 'put on something more comfortable'. So Len leaves the room and puts on 'I'm Your Man'.

You can't buy that sort of class.

I'm going to Beni and when I saw he was added I was just "...and leonard cohen". I didn't realise it was such a big deal, and I don't think I even know many more than that one Leonard Cohen song.

Maybe I should do research.

Fuckin' kids, if it's not idiosyncratic Canadian indie they don't want to know.

Just joshin' Bobby.

Fuckin' kids, if it's not idiosyncratic Canadian indie they don't want to know.

I heard this Cohen guys stuff is really depressing. Why can't he cheer up a bit?

Pantone247;990368Lenny needs a good Rick Rubin stylee back to basics album[/QUOTE said:
Noooooooooooo way man!

The idea of Rubin's minimalist production as being more 'authentic' is a little trite (no offence, like). That last Neil Diamond album was ridiculous.
'I'm Your Man' & 'The Future' are as good as 'Songs Of Love & Hate' or 'Songs Of...' fr'instance
Mind you the Phil Spector produced one is a bit much.

Can you imagine?
I think his songs are still great, but the arrangements are so horrendous you need a bit of stamina to get into them

totally agree

I love the bare bones production of his first few records, some of the choices were just brilliant, the preccusion in Come Back To The War, the girl group voices on That's No Way To Say Goodbye, really bizzare, but inspired stuff

The idea of Rubin's minimalist production as being more 'authentic' is a little trite (no offence, like). That last Neil Diamond album was ridiculous.

nah, as I said above the minimalism of his first albums, and the idiosyncratic choices made with the little they had to work with it make it for me... obviously I'm using 'Rick Rubin' as a verb, but I'm totally sick of the gated snares and grey gloopy string synths playing block chords on Len's recent albums

that in no way takes from how much I love his early works, it's just mind boggling to me how he lost the plot production wise

Well...we'll have to agree to disagree... I think the synth sound is part of Len's comedy. I love the idea of this peerless wordsmith crooning about the apocalypse over what appears to be perfunctory muzak.

At this stage of the game I don't think he could or would want to go back to the polo-neck troubadour days. Too much class.

I'm your Man is a amazing album.

Its about what he's saying lads

He's talking about Jazz Police

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back