legal eagle? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter roo
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

roo

im putting a gig on in the legal eagle on the quays soon - does anybody have any experience of gigs here - noise levels etc.?

First time I've ever heard of a gig being put on there. What's the line-up going to be like?

It better not be like that stupid club in Ally McBeal.

still working on it, though it will be the last hermie in tweed gig for a while as i am departing on an expedition around the world!!!!!

from what i could make out they only days available are sundays cos they have a load of boring shit on every other night, but they have a p.a. there and its free to rent out

sounds class.. sundays would be alright..

anyone know of any other pubs with a similar sitaution?

there's been talk of some shithole off capel street thats dying for a bit of business...? any ideas what its called or where it is?
any other pubs whose business has been affected by the smoking ban??

I was in there recently for a friends gig and really didn't enjoy it very much. Sound was very poor once the volume started to rise, and the stage is in a really intimidating possition right beside the front door.
In saying that, it's not a bad little boozer and their last open mike night was of astonishing quality.
Good luck.

did a gig there YEARS ago. when it was called alfie burns i think. they called the upstairs room 'THE CELL' which was strange as its bright and airy. anyway, it had a crap PA at the time.

kirstie said:
they do cheap booze as well
always a winner
Unfortunatly no. Their prices are reflect their lunchtime clientelle - ie. paedo judges coming in for a skin-full of Babycham.

The Chilli King said:
Unfortunatly no. Their prices are reflect their lunchtime clientelle - ie. paedo judges coming in for a skin-full of Babycham.
I've been in there at night when they've been doing the big budeil o' becks for 3 quid thing. Have they stopped that now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back