Leaving the Catholic Church - countmeout.ie (1 Viewer)

You should see the amount of crazies that emailed us since the show, they must all watch PK.

The remote was far far away.... way outside my arms reach. And Pat Kenny sucks the preverbial. But nice to see you refering to the people "whom you've been on almost every platform rallying for support" as crazies??? Who exactly are these crazies?

The remote was far far away.... way outside my arms reach. And Pat Kenny sucks the preverbial. But nice to see you refering to the people "whom you've been on almost every platform rallying for support" as crazies??? Who exactly are these crazies?

I'm referring to people quoting the Bible and asking us to be born again. I remember your email because it's the same as your post above.We do really appreciate the people that email us to say thanks.So, thanks again. Sorry for confusion.

I'm referring to people quoting the Bible and asking us to be born again. I remember your email because it's the same as your post above.We do really appreciate the people that email us to say thanks.So, thanks again. Sorry for confusion.

lol I know, I did go on a bit... thought I was a member of the crazies :rolleyes: You should just call them "Marys" from now on.

if you were invited onto the ryan tubridy show, would you request that the camembert quarted play 'new york new york' as you walked out?

I don't know if they picked up the segment from somewhere else, but (because of the Cardinal Brady thing I guess) there was a report about yis on NPR this morning. I only heard the first half of it on the way to college, an interview with someone from the website and some other people, but it sounded very positive. Deadly!

Yeah, that was me. Was recorded about 3 weeks ago but only aired today. Was a well done piece we thought and getting us some more interest from the US.

Making kids take oaths of secrecy.

Fuckin hell.

17.—(1) Every person who shall administer or cause to be administered or take part in, be present at, or consent to the administering or taking in any form or manner of any oath, declaration, or engagement purporting or intended to bind the person taking the same to do all or any of the following things, that is to say:—
[GA]

( a ) to commit or to plan, contrive, promote, assist, or conceal the commission of any crime or any breach of the peace, or
[GA]

( b ) to join or become a member of or associated with any organisation having for its object or one of its objects the commission of any crime, or breach of the peace, or
[GA]

( c ) to abstain from disclosing or giving information of the existence or formation or proposed or intended formation of any such organisation, association, or other body as aforesaid or from informing or giving evidence against any member of or person concerned in the formation of any such organisation, association, or other body, or
[GA]

( d ) to abstain from disclosing or giving information of the Commission or intended or proposed commission of any crime, breach of the peace, or from informing or giving evidence against the person who committed such an act,
[GA]

shall be guilty of a misdemeanour and shall be liable on conviction thereof to suffer imprisonment for any term not exceeding two years.
[GA]
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1939/en/act/pub/0013/sec0017.html

- Administering unlawful oaths.

Yeah, that was me. Was recorded about 3 weeks ago but only aired today. Was a well done piece we thought and getting us some more interest from the US.

Yeah, loads of people must have heard that, I think NPR news is syndicated all over the place here isn't it.

pete said:
http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1939/en/act/pub/0013/sec0017.html

- Administering unlawful oaths.

It's quite confusing to me what that oath was, exactly. Not that it's not fucking awful whatever it was, obviously. But it sounds like their claim is that it was something to do with truthfulness rather than secrecy. I wonder if it's some formula from canon law? I mean, it'd be interesting to see the text, if it is some kind of standard oath.

It's quite confusing to me what that oath was, exactly. Not that it's not fucking awful whatever it was, obviously. But it sounds like their claim is that it was something to do with truthfulness rather than secrecy. I wonder if it's some formula from canon law? I mean, it'd be interesting to see the text, if it is some kind of standard oath.
i think they're claiming that the 'oath' was a promise not to divulge what was said to anyone in the interests of not muddling the evidence. though it's quite clear that they had no intention of doing anything with the evidence, thus making the taking of statements utterly moot.

you should tell sinead o'connor about count me out, she made a good argument for believers to count themselves out on the late late. i dont suppose anyone will take her seriously though.

ok so I was baptised in Germany so do I actually have to get in touch with the Parish over there?
resident in dublin now! thanks! I was confirmed in Ireland if that matters... naffest trouser suit ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back