learn me about xHCx/youth crew/muscles (1 Viewer)

gone be the days when hardcore meant hardcore punk,not stupid techno, even stupider bouncy metal ,crap death metal and tough guy im stronger than you , i can flail my arms around more dangerously than you ,get off my dance floor shit. Tattoo s ,muscles ,bald heads chanting together ,climbing all over one another,as henry rollins says "get a room guys ,get it over with"
Boooooorrrriiiinnnngggg
Yeah cos you were about "back in the day"

I love people making out like toughguy gigs or straightedge gigs were like sooooo regimented but other hardcore or punk isn't! Check out 150 crust kids with identical patches and shit-smelling feet ;)

Boooooorrrriiiinnnngggg

I love people making out like toughguy gigs or straightedge gigs were like sooooo regimented but other hardcore or punk isn't! Check out 150 crust kids with identical patches and shit-smelling feet ;)
sorry sunshine that was nt the point,read it a few more times !!!
I never heard of crusties going round gigs attacking people for not conforming to their standards like the earth crisis clones and their no drink policey ,gimmie Poison idea over you re madball ladies anyday
Next time you re in the pit be sure to rub those muscles off each other

Boooooorrrriiiinnnngggg

Conor,I thought you'd know by now.
Only people who once claimed they were straightedge have done the following.
Sold out their ideals
Started fights at gigs with people not the same as themselves.
Are afraid of their own sexuality so bring up others sexuality as a way to slag them off.
Act hard when they are really quite wimpy
play music that claims to be punk or hardcore but is actually something else
Are more metal than punk
Are more pop than punk
Are more emo than punk
Live in the past
Are only into it until they get a real job
etc,etc
I know this is true because I read it on the internet and in fanzines before that. I mean,I never witnessed it firsthand,but the evidence is there and if you don't believe it you are only fooling yourself.

Some of the best youth crew, in my opinion, would be:

SICK OF IT ALL - 1st 7"
SIDE BY SIDE - 7"
NO FOR AN ANSWER - 7" and LP
CHAIN OF STRENGTH - TRUE TIL DEATH 7"
CRIPPLED YOUTH - JOIN THE FIGHT 7"
YOUTH OF TODAY - EVERYTHING
INSIGHT(US) 7" on Soul Force Records and reissued on Victory Records
BROTHERHOOD - 7" . reissued on Crucial Response as a 12", still available.
BREAKAWAY 7"
UNIT PRIDE 7", reissued as an LP on Mankind Records - one of my fave bands from this period.
PROJECT x 7", still available as a reissue on B9
REASON TO BELIEVE 7" and LP. pretty melodic and more tuneful than above, but came from the same scene.
WALK PROUD - 1st 7" only worth getting.
JUDGE 7", I like it better than the LP. Anyone who pays thousands of $$$ for the Chung King lp is nuts as it sounds shit.
TURNING POINT - 7" and Lp.

i could go on and on, most of my collection comprises of this genre.

bands before the youth crew explosion worth checking out would be; MINOR THREAT (duh), 7 SECONDS, ABUSED, ANTIDOTE, CAUSE FOR ALARM (early stuff), like Gary said the Agnostic Front 7" and first lp are only worthy, same with Cro-mags - first lp and demo. You can't live without listening to NEGATIVE APPROACH, UNIFORM CHOICE/UNITY, NECROS, NEOS, etc.

bands from the past few years worth checking out:
THE FIRST STEP, TRIPLE THREAT, OUT TURN, CHAMPION, BETRAYED, etc

noteable Euro bands: NATIONS ON FIRE, LARM, MANLIFTING BANNER, MAINSTRIKE, SUBJECT TO CHANGE, ONWARD, EYEBALL, PROFAX, etc

UK bands: HERESY, RIPCORD, STEADFAST, INSIGHT (UK), DEPRAVED, STUPIDS, HARMONY AS ONE, VOORHEES etc.

I still love the first 7" and can enjoy the LP. hell, I even bought the discography cd.
i have the 10" boot of chung king.
anyway, i still wear my Judge shirt with pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back