learn me about xHCx/youth crew/muscles (2 Viewers)

Yeah the SOIA tribute has some cracking stuff on it but some is fucking terrible. Most Precious Blood have some cracker shit. I listen to Shark Ethic all the time just for that Sister Of Mercy sample in the intro.
And yeah a SOIA "Best of" would deffo be 2 or 3 discs worth of stuff.

Champion and Bane are well worth a look into. Floorpunch also are pretty fuckin good.

Getting into the more "metal" end of things, Terror, First Blood and Hard Response are well worth a look into.

For those of you into the kinda melodic end of things check out The Sick www.myspace.com/thesick
had a few albums produced by Henry Rollins over the years, I love em.

didn't the Beastie Boys also have some deadly hardcore songs once upon a time?

first Beastie Boys record was a 7" called Pollywog Stew,it's a hardcore record. More recently they did a 12" called Aglio E Olio that was a hrdcore record too. There's been the odd song since as well.
At least one of them was (I think) in DFL.

Might be asking for trouble here but could anyone reccomened anyone in the vein of New Mexican Disaster Squad or (early) Strike Anywhere? Got a serious hankering for that kinda melodic hardcore at the minute (that and The Ringers - it's like if D4 were 15 years old).

Might be asking for trouble here but could anyone reccomened anyone in the vein of New Mexican Disaster Squad or (early) Strike Anywhere? Got a serious hankering for that kinda melodic hardcore at the minute (that and The Ringers - it's like if D4 were 15 years old).

Chinese Telephones?

Hardcore for the hardcore:

No For An Answer.
SSD.
Negative Approach.
Faith.
Cro-Mags (I think the second album is great too).

Youth Crew for the youth crew:

Gorilla Biscuits.
Youth of Today.
Bold.
Judge.
Chain of Strenght.

I was never insanely into the likes of Madball, Murphy's Law, Agnostic Front (except for Victim in Pain), Sick of it All and so on, but they've all got some great stuff...

More recent great hardcore (but generally of the faster variety):
Life's Halt.
No Reply.
What Happens Next?
Direct Control.

If you like the tuff shit, then any of the early Earth Crisis is amazing for floor punchage...Indecision were amazing, that Release The Cure album still floors me...Throwdown are so tuff you'll probably punch yourself in the face when you listen to them...also Integrity...so much more that I can't remember right now...

That's the second time i've been told to check them out, they're playin in a friend's house while i'm in florida.

nice one. buy their stuff on cd will ya so you can make me a cdr when you come back! :)

When i come back being probably about three years... I'll see what i can dig up in the meantime and pass along.

i am a patient boy.

as far as i know its been 7 inch / split 7 inch releases so far but the album is due soon.

Nah, i'll be there for two weeks, then about eight months in asia, followed by two years in japan. Yizzer can all stay in my gaff (as long as you shower first).

Not sure yet. Toss up between teaching or doing stupid resort work. Teaching means i can live in tokyo, go to gigs, hang out etc, but i'd have to skip china to make it in time for the start of school year, there's no school holidays in october so i wouldn't be able to go to fest, and i'd just barely cover costs. Resort work means no gigs and living in nowhere, but get to go to china for two months, save about €800 a month, get to hang out on the beach every day, new people coming into the resort to get hammered with every week. Plus i could work for four months, travel for three months off the monty, work for four months etc. But no gigs while working.

I dunno, i won't be there until probably april, plenty of time to make the mind up.

No For An Answer were the typical turncoat band. The singer Dan O' Mahoney was a prominent figure in the straight edge movement of the 80's, Now he run a chain of pubs in LA.

Just finished listening to the Ignite cd I bought. Not my cup of tea at all. Sounds too metal core or Emo or whatever.

not surprising - a lot of his writing was about his struggles with the edge, and his own beliefs. always wondered what he was at, always liked his writing more than his bands though..

Ever get that straight edge book that Victory put out a few years ago? Reflections on straight edge or something? Almost everyone she interviewed said the whole straight edge thing got stupid and they'd subsequently broke their edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back