learn me about xHCx/youth crew/muscles (1 Viewer)

Ever get that straight edge book that Victory put out a few years ago? Reflections on straight edge or something? Almost everyone she interviewed said the whole straight edge thing got stupid and they'd subsequently broke their edge.

All Ages?

wasnt it Revelation who put that book out?

No For An Answer were the typical turncoat band. The singer Dan O' Mahoney was a prominent figure in the straight edge movement of the 80's, Now he run a chain of pubs in LA.

Probably why they sounded so great! "Young man drinks! Young man drives! Vision blurs! Young man dies! WITH-OUT REA-SON, WITH-OUT-REASON, WOOOARGH!!

Hardcore for the hardcore:

No For An Answer.
SSD.
Negative Approach.
Faith.
Cro-Mags (I think the second album is great too).

Youth Crew for the youth crew:

Gorilla Biscuits.
Youth of Today.
Bold.
Judge.
Chain of Strenght.

I was never insanely into the likes of Madball, Murphy's Law, Agnostic Front (except for Victim in Pain), Sick of it All and so on, but they've all got some great stuff...

More recent great hardcore (but generally of the faster variety):
Life's Halt.
No Reply.
What Happens Next?
Direct Control.

If you like the tuff shit, then any of the early Earth Crisis is amazing for floor punchage...Indecision were amazing, that Release The Cure album still floors me...Throwdown are so tuff you'll probably punch yourself in the face when you listen to them...also Integrity...so much more that I can't remember right now...
Actually this is pretty spot-on Corm.

I'd add a few of my own in there. i kinda came in during the 90s as a wee metaller so I liked the tougher or a bit metally stuff like Earth Crisis, Snapcase, Strife, Downset etc
Stuff like Integrity kinda passed me by but i dig them now

From there I was really into the 90s vegan metal shitlike Culture, Morning Again and what not.

Also loved those chugga bands - Buried Alive, Another Victim, and early Hatebreed are all still absolutely fuckin amazing!!!! Buried Alive is seriously one of my fave bands ever - I like Terror but BA shits on them.

I still like a fair bit of "toughguy" stuff like Crown of Thornz, and early Madball, actually everything up to Hold it Down is alright, the later stuff's weak but listenable and fun live.

90s youthcrew revival was also sweet - In My Eyes, Floopunch, Bane, Ten Yard Fight, Section 8, Outlast, Mouthpiece and Hands Tied (amazing)

gone be the days when hardcore meant hardcore punk,not stupid techno, even stupider bouncy metal ,crap death metal and tough guy im stronger than you , i can flail my arms around more dangerously than you ,get off my dance floor shit. Tattoo s ,muscles ,bald heads chanting together ,climbing all over one another,as henry rollins says "get a room guys ,get it over with"

gone be the days when hardcore meant hardcore punk,not stupid techno, even stupider bouncy metal ,crap death metal and tough guy im stronger than you , "

yeah its really stupid to have all these options now.

From there I was really into the 90s vegan metal shitlike Culture, Morning Again and what not.

Some of them bands were amazing. Did you ever listen to Stormcore from France? They were fuckin deadly. So evil. Fuckin' H8000 dude!

Yeah, it was definitely Revelation Records who put that book out. I thought it was pretty great. I think I've still got it somewhere upstairs. Some brilliant photos and flyers in there, mostly of Cappo and Porcell's huge shnozzes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back