Leap, WTF? (1 Viewer)

What am I doing wrong then? We had to designate ONE SHOP where the top up can happen. So if we top up his card on the site (there is ONLY an android app) he still has to go to the one shop in order to get it. Oh and it might no be available for 36 hrs. For Fucks sake.

Oh and we only did this because young lad got the bus last sunday morning and the driver didn't have change for a 50 (note that the fare is €15). Did he just say "sorry I have no change"? Did he fuck? He was up out of his seat roaring at us on the path about "how many other jobs does someone have to carry change!!!" and on and on and on, a good 3 minutes of abuse. He was a total asshole. Some nice student behind us just paid for our son's fare using his Leap card and we gave him a tenner.
Fucking hell. Most jobs that deal with the public?

Here, how common is it for busses not to carry change? Worldwide I mean. Is Ireland an outlier or is it the norm?

I'm by a train station so topping up and using the card is easy, I still don't actually understand the "activation" shit bus users have to go through.

Fucking hell. Most jobs that deal with the public?

Here, how common is it for busses not to carry change? Worldwide I mean. Is Ireland an outlier or is it the norm?

I'm by a train station so topping up and using the card is easy, I still don't actually understand the "activation" shit bus users have to go through.
Whenever you tap your leap card on the bus, all the machine can do is check your available balance on the card itself. There’s no infrastructure in place for the machine to phone home and check your leap account balance.

This is why when you top up online you then have to bring the card somewhere that can scan the card, check your balance online, then transfer that credit amount onto the card itself.

You can do this via nfc on an android phone but because Apple restrict app access to the iPhone nfc chip, you cant do it on iOS.

that is my understanding of it anyway

if your leap card is always dying you're probably corrupting the magnetic stripe somehow - keep it away from big magnets and stuff

I just got my first leap card last week after 5 years + of asking my boyfriend for bus change. I have a shuttle that takes me to work and home, so I rarely use public transport, but it just felt like time. I'm going to get him a money box now so he can save the change to buy pedals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back