League of Ireland - Do people here watch it? (3 Viewers)

looks like 1st Division side Sporting Fingal mean business this season!
how did they pull this off?

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=35470

Ambitious First Division outfit Sporting Fingal have completed a sensational double transfer swoop with the acquisition of strikers Gary O’Neill and Eamon Zayed.

MENTAL.

if they dont go up they'll go bust.

mind you i've seen Zayed play 1st division before.

Shels have brought a load of players in as well. Meanwhile Cobh and Limerick havent a player signed yet.

MENTAL.

if they dont go up they'll go bust.

mind you i've seen Zayed play 1st division before.

Shels have brought a load of players in as well. Meanwhile Cobh and Limerick havent a player signed yet.

Cob-h are selling their ground to the FAI seemingly!
Cork City have appointed Doolin!

The members of Cobh Ramblers have voted overwhelmingly to support a proposal that would allow the FAI to purchase their ground, St Colman's Park, for €500,000, writes RTÉ Soccer Correspondent Tony O'Donoghue.

The club hope to pay off their debts and lease back the ground over a period of ten years, a plan they say will save the club from folding.

This was the third EGM of the Cobh Ramblers' membership as the current chairman, Barry Walsh, tried to steer through a proposal by Cobh to the FAI that they would buy the ground for a ten-year period with the stipulation that the club remain in the League of Ireland during that time.

And meanwhile Galway have to deal with Mervue Utd potentially competing with them for sponsors and what not. Silliness abounds.

2 teams in Galway is complete rubbish! not to mention Salthill Devon are hot on the heels of Mervue as well. If Cork can just about sustain Cork and Cobh (which to be honest they cant) I cant see how Galway can sustain 2 teams.

I liked the sports scroll at the bottom of Nightlive that had all the League Of Ireland results 0-0 for every game, followed by the Irish League at 5-4 or 6-5 etc.

never was there a truer apres match...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

bit of a rash appointment in my opinion...

14/01/2009 [15:16]
ST PATS APPOINT NEW MANAGER
St Patrick's Athletic FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Jeff Kenna as first team manager.

Kenna, who guided Galway United to safety in the Premier Division last season will officially take charge of the team when they return for pre-season training on Jan 21st.

'Jeff brings a great deal of football experience, knowledge and enthusiasm to the role and everyone at the club is looking forward to working with him over the coming season', said Pat's CEO Richard Sadlier.

It leaves us in the lurch although I kinda expected Kenna to leave before the new season. It's a pity because we were selling quite a few season tickets because of him at the helm, but hopefully his departure won't put too many people off buying a one.

As regards Galway having two teams. IMO it's stupid because Mervue will probably have to play in Terryland as "Fahys Field" hasn't the facilities for a league of Ireland club. Salthill Devons facilities are of a higher standard. Terrylands pitch has been voted the best kept pitch in the league for the past two seasons, can't see it winning 3 in a row with Mervue plodding their stuff on it.

Mervue on the way?Possibly in place of Kildare

Galway side Mervue United are expected to take up the chance of League of Ireland football after reaching an agreement to make Terryland Park its temporary home.

Mervue usually play their games at Fahy’s Field, which is likely to have failed the infrastructure criterion within the FAI’s licensing regulations.

But Terryland – owned by the Galway Football Association and home to Premier Division Galway United – will act as temporary home for Mervue’s debut season in senior football.

United sealed promotion from the ‘A’ Championship by overcoming Kildare County in a promotion/relegation play-off in November.

The FAI’s licensing body will make its decision on applications early next month and should all 22 League clubs receive permits to participate in FAI competitions next season, Kildare will drop down to the ‘A’ Championship.

bit of a rash appointment in my opinion...

14/01/2009 [15:16]
ST PATS APPOINT NEW MANAGER
St Patrick's Athletic FC are delighted to announce the appointment of Jeff Kenna as first team manager.

Kenna, who guided Galway United to safety in the Premier Division last season will officially take charge of the team when they return for pre-season training on Jan 21st.

'Jeff brings a great deal of football experience, knowledge and enthusiasm to the role and everyone at the club is looking forward to working with him over the coming season', said Pat's CEO Richard Sadlier.

Paul Peschisolido assistant coach at St Pat's?

Newstalk are going to one of the main sponsors of the league.

good move in that it is a media related sponsor so its a bit of free advertising. i hope the sports show (off the ball) steps up to the plate and gives decent coverage.
they always have LOI coverage but not very in depth.

Newstalk are going to one of the main sponsors of the league.

good move in that it is a media related sponsor so its a bit of free advertising. i hope the sports show (off the ball) steps up to the plate and gives decent coverage.
they always have LOI coverage but not very in depth.

And the Off the Ball folk seem to quite dislike LOI. Or at least have no interest in it at all. The almost crazed bitterness of LOI fans' texts doesn't help in that regard, but the lads do get way more excited about cricket and sailing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back