LCD Soundsystem (1 Viewer)

Really? That's the one with "Dance yrself clean" on it, which is the song that finally turned me on to LCD

Just had my first listen to the album. I don't really believe in the album as a format anymore, but I enjoyed it enough to have gone straight into my 2nd listen. I like the way he doesn't do his David Bowie voice anymore, and I fucking love the title track
I thought the first album was a major disappointment after the early singles. Although in hindsight if they kept at that schtick they would be insufferable by now. Sound of Silver is great. The one that came after is pretty good as well. I think it was just the whole long goodbye then coming back that put me off them.

Finally getting around to this.

I mostly think it's really good, at best it builds on what they were doing before and sounds modern and at worst it just sounds like a tired photocopy of any of a million bands circa 1980.

It kind of reminds me of the new Sleater-Kinney album from a few years back in that it'd be a disappointment as a direct follow up to the one before but after the 'hiatus' and all it's good to hear their sound again.

EXCLUSIVE: Malahide Castle's summer concert series to return in 2018 with some HUGE acts lined up | Buzz.ie

Buzz.ie understands that MCD Productions have submitted planning permission to Fingal County Council to host three gigs at Malahide Castle next summer.

The first of the three planned gigs would see American rock band LCD Soundsystem play the famous Dublin venue on Tuesday, June 5 2018.

Four days after LCD Soundsystem's show, Damon Albarn will be bringing his virtual band Gorillaz to Malahide Castle on Saturday, June 9.

The final act lined up for next summer concert series at Malahide Castle will be a popular choice for many Irish music fans with Liam Gallagher set to play the third and final gig at the Castle.

Yes surely a shoein for Primavera. Nick Cave too. Couldn't be arsed with Malahide. Hopefully civil war won't be in progress by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back