LCD Soundsystem (2 Viewers)

I loved them when they were doing the first two albums but they seemed to become a different thing altogether as they went along. The "final" show movie left me completely cold and I have no interest in this reunion (the single they released a little while ago was awful). That article is harsher than I'd be but it really does capture my feelings about this.
Ha! Gas. I hated them when they did their first two albums and then they seemed to become a different thing altogether on their third album and I loved them. I do like when people write songs about more than their own level of self awareness.

I haven't really being paying attention to the new stuff, I should probably give it a listen.

I like the new record, there's a good bit of it that makes me go "yeah, this is an LCD Soundsystem song" but it's a high yeild formula then I suppose there's not too much point in fucking with it.

Other bands I like that practiced that kind of self-pastiche I think I'd be more bothered by but my relationship to LCDSS is basically me going, "can you make me feel like dancing please James? Nice one."

How do you sleep or whatever it's called is a total whopper.

my relationship to LCDSS is basically me going, "can you make me feel like dancing please James? Nice one."
Haha - mine too mostly, but also I actually like JM. Watched an interview with him on youtube and he totally won me over. That article is pompous horseshit from a millenial who's too cool to understand that some people actually are sound

I gave the new album a go and it's all right, takes ages to get going though. About 3-4 really good songs and the rest feels like a re-hash of their old songs. Not sure what to make of Murphy ripping off Robert Fripp's guitar playing on one of the tracks. I'll probably stream it again but my days of buying LCD Soundsystem albums/singles as they come out is over I think.

I gave the new album a go and it's all right, takes ages to get going though. About 3-4 really good songs and the rest feels like a re-hash of their old songs. Not sure what to make of Murphy ripping off Robert Fripp's guitar playing on one of the tracks. I'll probably stream it again but my days of buying LCD Soundsystem albums/singles as they come out is over I think.

bought it on vinyls yesterday. 21 yo-yos in tower. Good price these days.

Isn't that the case with everything they've done? In fact - isn't that the case with almost every decent album ever?
Well the first album showed progression from the early singles (included as the second disc on the first album), Sound of Silver moved on from the first album. I honestly can't remember the next album, it has left zero impression on me.

Hasn't he done that before? All I want off of the previous album.
See above.

I like when they think they're Suicide

I don't even mean that in a bad way. I genuinely do like it.
It sounds like Suicide but it doesn't feel like Suicide. Crucial difference for me. Everything they've done is a pastiche of another artist to some degree but the older stuff had a spark to it that most of this album doesn't. I will listen again to find out the names of the tracks I did really like here and maybe to see if the rest grows on me.

I will say it is leagues better than the CSNY album American Dream mentioned above.

Sound of Silver moved on from the first album. I honestly can't remember the next album, it has left zero impression on me
Really? That's the one with "Dance yrself clean" on it, which is the song that finally turned me on to LCD

Just had my first listen to the album. I don't really believe in the album as a format anymore, but I enjoyed it enough to have gone straight into my 2nd listen. I like the way he doesn't do his David Bowie voice anymore, and I fucking love the title track

Wait, you don't believe in the album as a format anymore and you have applied it retroactively as well?

Fucking hell, kudos. Talk about living in the present!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back