Launch Of Document Book (1 Viewer)

but... i've already bought both of them... am i to buy them again?

okay, i will...

also, i thought the last time there were copies of the statement 12" available, they were the absolute last copies available ever! how come there's more now? huh? huh? in motion were shite anyway...

Originally posted by pete
listen up you fuckers

we've put a lot of time and effort into getting online ordering sorted for this book, so you better buy it or face the unspeakably dire consequences.

And the last of the Statement 12"'s have been retrieved from the safety deposit box, so they're available for online ordering too, right?

http://thumped.com/hope/buy.htm

also, i thought the last time there were copies of the statement 12" available, they were the absolute last copies available ever! how come there's more now? huh? huh?
Because they weren't all sold THEN.....

ah jaysis lads... to not sell one load of records is unfortunate, but... i dunno, something oscar wilde said.

Originally posted by niallmc
Because they weren't all sold THEN.....

Big Up For Uncynical Idealism

Originally posted by pete in another thread
Earlier this year i was sitting in work (bored) on a freezing cold day. All of a sudden, I hear the girl sitting a couple of desks back go "oh wow! wow! look! look!".... so i turns around and she's standing up looking out the window, laughing and pointing and generally being amazed.

she's from south africa, and had never seen snow falling before.

That was pretty cool.

OK this could have gone on the bored at work thread, but probably better to lash it here.
Rainbow yesterday was brilliant. And this morning as I was tuckin into my porridge, the sky was AMAZING. The light was catching all these thin wispy early morning clouds at some critical angle which made them glow. It only lasted for five minutes, but it really did take the chill out of the morning. So anyway, I have been put in this strange upbeat mood by THAT book.....it is unbelievably good. I bought it yesterday, finished it last night. It's such a fascinating story considering it describes a venture which must have had more than its share of horrible thankless drudgery. And the constant enthusiasm of Niall and Miriam and their devotion to each other........ I think everybody should buy Document. Seriously though.

Best recipe: Bread sandwiches. Deadly.
Best story: All the Fugazi stuff. Deadly also.

So then I went to Max Tundra at Fakearms in Molloys, and it was deadly too.

this thread is getting lonely

one night a few weeks ago i sat around in me room listening to fugazi and reading document and i felt like i'd been transported back in time. in a good way. nostalgia for something i never experienced like - is there a word for this? anyways it's a good read especially for anyone getting involved in THiNGS or similar stuff or even just getting into the local scene. way i see it, if it weren't for Hope then thumped probably wouldn't have come about in the way it has and then THiNGS would never have happened. and alot of thumpers would still just be (ugly) faces in the crowd at the odd gig. so fair do's to all o' ye, the ball is still rolling....

haven't got around to trying any of the recipes yet...

Originally posted by conor

one night a few weeks ago i sat around in me room listening to fugazi and reading document and i felt like i'd been transported back in time. in a good way. nostalgia for something i never experienced like - is there a word for this? anyways it's a good read especially for anyone getting involved in THiNGS or similar stuff or even just getting into the local scene. way i see it, if it weren't for Hope then thumped probably wouldn't have come about in the way it has and then THiNGS would never have happened. and alot of thumpers would still just be (ugly) faces in the crowd at the odd gig. so fair do's to all o' ye, the ball is still rolling....

haven't got around to trying any of the recipes yet...

hear hear.

Originally posted by conor
way i see it, if it weren't for Hope then thumped probably wouldn't have come about in the way it has

It wouldn't have happened at all.

Thumped started out as being the Hope website and just sort of grew from there. I wouldn't have been doing the Hope website if i hadn't been involved in the Hope Collective. And I wouldn't have been involved in the Hope Collective if going to the Hope Promotions hadn't had such a positive effect on my life. So many excellent gigs for so little money..

My first Hope gig was Fugazi / The Slowest Clock / Not Our World in McGonagles back in 1989. Me and Mick had intended to go just to see Snuff, but they cancelled on the day due to a death in the family and so The Slowest Clock filled in.

We had decided not to bother going (being a pair of thrashers who'd never heard Fugazi and were just there for the 3 minute punk pop songs) but we met Niall outside, in his famous red and black stripey jumper, and he persuaded us to go. I've only recently forgiven him for making me endure The Slowest Clock - to this day, the worst band I have ever seen - but that started the ball rolling. Seeing how Hope operated opened my eyes to a real alternative way of doing things.

Enough gushing. We've got enough back slapping going on round here as it is.

Just buy the fucking book.

http://thumped.com/hope/buy.htm

He was wearing that jumper when I first saw him too.
Dirty beggar.
Gave me a NoMeansNo flyer outside Faith No More in 1990 which I actually found in a box last night.

I still have that red and black jumper. Miriam knitted it for herself but it was too big.

Thanks to everyone who bought the book it is being re-printed at the moment and there's people in the UK, Denmark and the states looking to distribute it.

Insane!

Originally posted by old
He was wearing that jumper when I first saw him too.
Dirty beggar.
Gave me a NoMeansNo flyer outside Faith No More in 1990 which I actually found in a box last night.

I wondered where they'd gotten to.

Originally posted by niallmc

Thanks to everyone who bought the book it is being re-printed at the moment and there's people in the UK, Denmark and the states looking to distribute it.

You'll be on Marian Finucane in no time :)

Hey Folks

My Mam and Dad have just collected the re-printed batch of books. Road, Freebird, The Record Store and Books Upstairs all have copies of Document. Dublin FOod Co-op will be back selling them again.
Just in case you were thinking of Christmas pressies like.

Oh yeah - plugd in Cork now have it AND Dischord in the States (if it's easier for you to get it direct)

And of course from
www.thumped.com/hope/buy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back