Launch Of Document Book (2 Viewers)

Pincher Martin had a 7" out on Hi-Tone records and they had a song on the "Zip Up Your Boots For The Showbands" compilation CD. I presume you knew that buh' They were deadly, used to be frustrating to see them live though. Guitar was always to tinny and the bass had this kind of sound where it was loud but no matter what he played you could never actually hear it. That mixed with the drum machine... they alway looked like they were just rehersing in their bedrooms apart from each other. Feckin class songs though, it just took some brain work to enjoy them. Of course that's no good when you drag people to see them.....

yup that song on zip up your boots for the showbands was classy, money or summat it was called. i remember trying to see pincer martin play one time in the attic, but the entire band was too drunk except for the singer who played a few tunes by himself. and then came great western squares.
what a waste.

Originally posted by Anthony
Pincher Martin had a 7" out on Hi-Tone records and they had a song on the "Zip Up Your Boots For The Showbands" compilation CD.

It'd be cool to get a copy (or original!) of either of these. Cash or a CD in return is all I can offer.. Also (I know this is sailing dangerously close to the for sale/wanted forum, but I heard someone mention a while back about a second Amusment album; is this true or is it all lies, damned lies!?! ;)

Seeing as we're in the land of ultra rare stuff, heeeeeres one for ye - after Nummer I know Splatterpillar recorded some more songs (my brother had one on tape) and again, did this stuff ever surface?

i might be able to burn a copy of zip up your boots for you if i can find it, and when my computer starts working again.

Originally posted by herv
say, how was the oktoberfest?

i need a pint.

i need about a ton of amphetamines.

can we work something out here please?

Originally posted by herv
say, how was the oktoberfest?

got v wet inside (beer, weiss, dunkel, hell, fest) and out (rain).
munich has a sort of medeival vibe about it - ultra conservative folks though. got up to garmisch too which was nice and quiet - i guess it's a hell hole in the winter with all the "extreme" dudes etc.
although on the train back an american guy opened the windows 'cos some guy was smoking waaaay down the other end of the carriage. it was freeeezing. my da said "thank you very much" in a sarcastic tone of voice when he closed them again and the american guy went "but he was smoking...." so my da said "why don't you fucking bomb him then"
nice one da
subtle

ah, das, and dads.

your dad would probably have assaulted him with an atrocious pun, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back