Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Large Mound Newsletter

Hello there,

I just want to let you all know about a gig we're doing next Tuesday (22nd February). We have been asked to play VIBRATOR for the last few months but for one reason or another couldn't do it, until now. We happily agreed to play this one even though we still didn't have a replacement for Mark Jordan who buggered off to Canada for a while back in November (more about that later). We got tired even thinking about getting in someone new and teaching them a set and all that bull so we asked someone who knows all our songs already to sit in, Dudley (from The Dudley Corporation)!
Marvellous.

Turns out then that Chief, who's been excellently drumming with us since last May couldn't make the date. In fact we're still unsure if he can play in the Mound at all anymore (but that's for another day). Panic! Do we cancel the gig? Well we tried but Dan the promoter was having none of it. So we contacted Joss (also from The Dudley Corporation) to see if he'd sit in, hell he's done it before, a good few times. He said yes and we're back in action for next Tuesday night!

This is a strange line up and one that is barely recognisable from the one that recorded our first album Raised On Rock a few years ago but we've been jammin' hard, it may sound different but it's a seriously rockin' band.
Aaaand this gig is free in with a free CD to the first number of people in the door. It may be the only chance to see this line up.

And here's an idea. If you plan on coming down and you have a Large Mound t-shirt - wear it! Thinking about doing up some CDRs with some new stuff on it and giving it to people in Mound t-shirts.

VIBRATOR with LARGE MOUND
+ another band + DJs
Tuesday 22nd February
The Globe (South Great George' St), Dublin 2.
Adm FREE.
Get there early these gigs tend to be packed.

____

Other news:
So anyway, Mark is off in Toronto for a year or so and what does he do there? He's hooked up with the Mound's original drummer, Graham, and is working on a LM for Canada!

Ian Lawton has finished a video for Balance (from Go Forth And Amplify). He did it totally off his own bat and we shot some band bits back in November. I saw it the other day and it's funny. We'll put it online soon.
Another thing Ian has done is a 30 minute "concert film" (his words) shot over the last few gigs of our tour last November. He says it's amazing, nobody else has seen it yet!

We haven't got any more gigs planned at the moment and we won't be doing much for March or April anyway. I'll just be concentrating on writing some new songs and I'll keep putting the odd mp3 on the website.

Take it easy and see you on Tuesday
Anthony

--------------------------------

Albums
Large Mound - Go Forth And Amplify - 2004 (Scientific Laboratories)
Large Mound - Raised On Rock - 2002 (Julius Geezer)

Singles
Large Mound - I Thought You Were Dead / £20 / Stereomad (Julius Geezer)
Large Mound/The Kabinboy split single (RoadRelish05)

Web
http://www.groov.ie/largemound or www.largemound.com : news and infomation
http://www.largemound.net : free music site

who else is playing?
i heard (2nd hand) that a certain band were bumped because they're "too metal"

enjoy your wimps night out, pussbags

andrew

vipe0001.jpg

MominskoHoro said:
who else is playing?
i heard (2nd hand) that a certain band were bumped because they're "too metal"

enjoy your wimps night out, pussbags

andrew

We know nothing about who else is playing ... we did make some suggestions though ...

kirstie said:
ah jesus christ Hugh, you'd think you'd be a bit better informed.

You would wouldn't ya? Sure most of the time I dont even know who's in the band anymore.

yea, we were asked for some ideas for a 2nd band and we made some suggestions. The rest is up to someone else. I think Dan likes to keep the bands varied on the night so maybe in that case they were too metal.
I'd hazzard a guess and say we're on at 10.30?

dudley said:
And here's an idea. If you plan on coming down and you have a Large Mound t-shirt - wear it! Thinking about doing up some CDRs with some new stuff on it and giving it to people in Mound t-shirts.

This is actually happening. I've done up 8 copies, being realistic/optimistic.

kidhouseworkcarbandCD.gif

The other band are called Dog Without a String or something. No idea who they are or what they sound like. I'll find out what time we're due on.

edit: about 10pm

Well we got away with it, just. I would have prefered it if I didn't start feeling real sick and faint about 9.30 (as anyone who met me in the jacks will confirm) and if we weren't getting electrocuted onstage which meant the vocals were very quiet as I was avoiding the mic. But yea apart from that it was cool.
Nothing could have been as stressful as the drive home at half one through a full on blizzard argh!

Best interpritation of 20 quid ever... The perfect line up for that song... In fact all the oldies were deadly
Ah the mound

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back