language trends, LOIKE (4 Viewers)

Isn't a jackeen someone who wears doc boots and skinny blue jeans that are too short for them?

Anyway I still use the word "cat", as in "the weather is cat",

"Browl" is a term of insult that I miss from my youth, and I had a long-running argument a while back with some friends about whether "to have it off" with someone means to ride them or just "shift" them.

I also find the word "cuntybaws" can be useful in lots of situations.

Beanstalk said:
The phrase "By jaykers a man, says Paddy Scallan of Menarget" is one of those brotherly in-jokey-phrases that my da and his brother say to each other, so I use "Jaykers" as much as possible

I was in school when "dude" first started to become popular but if you said "dude" to a culshie he'd say "I'm no dude, Parle". No idea why, perhaps dude is some sort of culshie insult

Oh I say action too - a particular favourite of mine is one a mate says: 'Leaba Action'.

ah the auld leaba action, can't be beat - unless you've gotten into the leaba with a complete bouler.

hanley said:
i really over use the word action
for example
"are you on for some pint action later" or
"there was some mad action action last night"

really annoying myself with it

hanley said:
could you give an exapmle of the teeth one?

It was used to describe people.
Student Teeth - a student or someone who appear/acts like a student
poser teeth - one who hangs out in whelan's too much attempting to be friends with singer songwriters
Mostly sticking teeth on the end of desriptive words e.g instead of saying he's a student "he's student teeth"
There's people reading this board who can describe it better - you know who you are......
Lurker teeth

Ed said:
It was used to describe people.
Student Teeth - a student or someone who appear/acts like a student
poser teeth - one who hangs out in whelan's too much attempting to be friends with singer songwriters
Mostly sticking teeth on the end of desriptive words e.g instead of saying he's a student "he's student teeth"
There's people reading this board who can describe it better - you know who you are......
Lurker teeth
nifty, think i might try and get that one going

An ex-boyfriend of mine, an Italian guy, used to call people "dude man", and another guy I went out with used to call birds "ladydudes", both of which are pretty rad. Rad is a word that I use all too often, and Hector Grey told me that I am only allowed to use it when talking about radiators, and even then, I'd be an idiot.

'Nanyways, a word from my youth which I'd like to see make a comeback has got to be "Feeler".
Usage: "Eugh, get off me ya feeler!"

Gay..i overuse the word gay a lot wehn I don't like something/someone:
i.e. I hate big brother, its so gay.
I honestly can't stop.
the opposite of gay for me is Rock:
i love that shop, it rocks!
the loike thing is pretty comical, i'm always slaggin my sister over that..and dude!you know who you are!!!
I have a nasty habbit of using Irish words in English sentences, like an Irish teacher in my secondary school. Example this morning in the Spar: Chinese Woman scans my newspaper: "is that all"
Cpr: "nah, the uisce as well"
she looked at me as if I was a Zip fire lighter eating mentalist!!
but i am, like.

cpr said:
Gay..i overuse the word gay a lot wehn I don't like something/someone:
i.e. I hate big brother, its so gay.
I honestly can't stop.
the opposite of gay for me is Rock:
i love that shop, it rocks!
the loike thing is pretty comical, i'm always slaggin my sister over that..and dude!you know who you are!!!
I have a nasty habbit of using Irish words in English sentences, like an Irish teacher in my secondary school. Example this morning in the Spar: Chinese Woman scans my newspaper: "is that all"
Cpr: "nah, the uisce as well"
she looked at me as if I was a Zip fire lighter eating mentalist!!
but i am, like.

Yeah, I use "Rock" a lot. It can apply to almost anything. Stopped using "Gay" a long time ago. Decided it was for the best when I told a group of Nazi skin heads that Nazism was totally gay. Was surprised to see them have such a reaction to someone using the word "gay" as a term of disrespect. Who'd have thought they'd stick up for the gay community in such a violent, and head-splitting way!?

I bet you also say loads of stuff such as 'look at the gutties on that, I bet it took ages of foothering to put them on'.

oh shit said:
i say "ragin" a lot, and "rat bastard"
as in,
"hey b, some rat bastard's gone and eaten your doughnuts"
"ragin"

"That's a kick in de stoooones"

said in the voice of a skagged-out denizen of sheriff st

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back