Land Lovers album out on 30th Sept! (1 Viewer)

I'll do a pricktique of this at a later point but first impressions are that I enjoy most of this album.

Some songs quite a LOT.

Some songs not as much as that.

n32232894473_1495029_1895242.jpg

Wow, Ian talks some baloney in the review there. He claims that the "musical quotation" from Joe Jackson stops the record from being interesting, rather than the lyrical one. It's not the same melody, Ian. And (I think) he's not singing about bands he likes, it's about music that reminds him of a holiday. Some interesting thoughts about stuff other than the record, but a load of ill informed, ill thought out baloney on the subject of the record itself. IMHO.

I'm ripping off Stoat's "reviews of reviews" idea.

Who's Ian? What are you talking about?

Oh I see now ... ouch!

so let me get this right. that reviewer decides, following a fundamental misunderstanding, that because he dislikes one line in a song, that the album is shit.

No, he didn't say shit. He tried his best to say nothing bad, but then mentioned something about another shade of beige or cream (or something - forgive my abysmal paraphrasing - I'm having difficulty recalling anything he said) which in my opinion is worse than saying its bad.

Again, sounds like this reviewer has a chip on his shoulder and a possible personal grudge against the band (or someone in the band). Dissing the record without giving any reason (other than mentioning that lyric) to justify this.

I give that review 1/10. Dismal, lacking in substance and very Siobhan Moore-like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back