Lana del Rey (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 355
  • Views 40K
  • Watchers 8
There needs be a pitchfork version of Now! That's What I Call Indie Hits. It would be full of stuff like this.

More of a Blue Jeans fan myself.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't really get the extreme adulation or hate but, for this song alone, I'm glad she exists. I think the album's going to suffer because it'll be rushed out - it's not even finished and it's already got a release date.

Jeans ON

I've just realised that this isn't a song at all. It's an ad.

wow there - that is an inordinately vicious reaction to a silly pop star bernie. there is a tune, it's really catchy which is basically why most people listen to music (stupid inauthentic idiots!).

i suspect that the reason many indie snobs have it in for LDR is because she inadvertently exposes so much of contemporary indie 'blog' culture as the kitsch, vapid nonsense it really is. she's not authentic, they cry, bu - we are, even though it's basically indistinguishable from much of the shite that is feted in online communities (apart from actually having a good tune)

haviong trouble getting past that line of the chorus and still taking it remotely seriously.

I heard this Video Games song yesterday whilst driving along listening to phantom.I paid special attention to it because I had read this thread.
I think its an excellently constructed and produced and fairly addictive pop tune....Its not the worst song in the world..I could imagine it translating successfully into any style.Did she write it?If she wrote it then I'd say yeah..she's got skillz.If not..she's nothing special.

LIPS

Edit...there was about 7 songs with female vocalists played actually.There seems to be a lot of female fronted music on phantom at the min...that St.Vincent song stood out.Very nicely put together.

Edit Edit..I just watched the Jools Holland live version there...I think she has a good voice CinnamonBoy ,its just her lip is messing shit up for her.And nerves.This song is really fucking growing on me.Edit Edit Edit...so much so that I'm gonna learn it on keyboard now.
Maybe I'll cover it.

wow there - that is an inordinately vicious reaction to a silly pop star bernie. there is a tune, it's really catchy which is basically why most people listen to music (stupid inauthentic idiots!).

i suspect that the reason many indie snobs have it in for LDR is because she inadvertently exposes so much of contemporary indie 'blog' culture as the kitsch, vapid nonsense it really is. she's not authentic, they cry, bu - we are, even though it's basically indistinguishable from much of the shite that is feted in online communities (apart from actually having a good tune)
i'm an inordinately vicious man. i smashed a folk singer's guitar today because i don't like the 60s. talk about inauthentic idiots...

.I think she has a good voice @cinnamonboy ,its just her lip is messing shit up for her.And nerves.This song is really fucking growing on me.Edit Edit Edit...so much so that I'm gonna learn it on keyboard now.
Maybe I'll cover it.

I don't know, it sounded dodge to me.

Personally I don't give a hoot who she is, what her lips look like, whether she wrote the song or any of that shit. I hate her because the song has been playing in my head for the last few days and it will not stop. Gaz get that cover going ASAP so I can have someone's else's voice singing the melody in my head.

There is some sick melancholy in the "Video Games " song,
interesting and pretty arangment. brings to mind Nick Drake's "River man", money well spent i think,
and her live singing is alright in key and she has a very gloomy kinda "why bother opening my mouth" way of uttering the words.

she's got lovely set of smackers, botox or no botox.

the songs alright aswell

I even think the lyrics are good - she chooses to be submissive because she's getting an intense emotional payoff from it

Interested to hear your cover Gaz

Yeah..well, while I was playing around with it last night I just kinda ended up lifting her chord progressions and making me own tune out of it.
Which if I'm honest was my intention all along.

There is some sick melancholy in the "Video Games " song,
interesting and pretty arangment. brings to mind Nick Drake's "River man", money well spent i think,
and her live singing is alright in key and she has a very gloomy kinda "why bother opening my mouth" way of uttering the words.

if you had lips that big you might think the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back