• Watchers 8

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
... deserves her own thread

That video games song has been overwhelming me for weeks

She appears to have nothing for sale though. What's going on?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

she has a rich daddy and so some people think is not valid

she was on jools holland and was absolutely awful

but has 2 deadly songs

time will tell but I'm kind of sick of her at this stage with the 4000 remix tweets pitchfork send me every day

and whats with those lips?

With all these internet artists being manufactured over-night, should we be discrediting these people as the Justin Biebers of indie music?

Did a google for this wan's old name (Lizzy Grant) the other day. She had a song/vid out a couple of years ago, the video was very similiar to the videogames one. Good thing she didn't have to put too much effort into re-launching herself. She'll totally be kicking herself for wrecking those lips in time to come.

Pre-LDR fish lips:
rob-lizzy.jpg

really reminds me of Cat power - the greatest sorta stuff

You aren't the only one who is reminded of Cat Power... because there are a lot of similarities. Everything else I've heard is a bit shite though. I've no problem with singers being "manufactured"/marketed by record companies - its been happening for years - but if you're looking for something other than a quick pop thrill, it is unlikely to come from one of those types of musicians.

I'd rather listen to Cat Power:

sorry but she does not deserve her own thread. utter shite. it's vapid, lacking in substance. the lyrics are awful. it plods along without going anywhere and she sings in this affected breathy voice that's not sexy. the producer was obviously going for atmospherics but neglected to put anything resembling a tune there. i couldn't watch the video becuase i can't stand the sight of her

Elizabeth Grant (born June 21, 1986) better known by her stage name Lana Del Rey ...... stage name is a combination of the late old Hollywood actress Lana Turner and the Ford Del Rey...... is a midsized car produced by the Ford Motor Company in Brazil from 1981 to 1991. It was a remake from the popular Ford Corcel II ...The first Ford Corcel was the brazilian version of the Renault 12

Renault_12_in_green_1972.jpg

carry on.

sorry but she does not deserve her own thread. utter shite. it's vapid, lacking in substance. the lyrics are awful. it plods along without going anywhere and she sings in this affected breathy voice that's not sexy. the producer was obviously going for atmospherics but neglected to put anything resembling a tune there. i couldn't watch the video becuase i can't stand the sight of her

since when did thumped start having standards?

There's definitely a tune there. A great tune, I think. There are other reasons to dislike this (and you've listed many of them) but it definitely checks the TUNE box.

I really like that song. I wish i hadn't read how contrived then whole act is though, I was happier not knowing

and the lip was a mistake

There's definitely a tune there. A great tune, I think. There are other reasons to dislike this (and you've listed many of them) but it definitely checks the TUNE box.

Ah Video Games is a fucking brilliant song. The melody in the chorus is beyond criticism or mindless sniping about her authenticity or her bloody lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back