Lana del Rey (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 355
  • Views 40K
  • Watchers 8
you're not genuinely crazy, don't know what problem you have with me or yourself,
don't forget to wear your name tag when you see me.

hey, no problem! just quoting the jesus lizard's 'if you had lips', per ann's post.

tskspollolove.gif

Just heard Lana’s song in the radio this morning. If it was a pub conversation I’d yell at Ann Post and Transformation – you envious sexist pricks. On the net I tend to hold back, and lightened it with a smile(in reality it would look ironic), but I didn’t laugh.
and I know neither of these guys are sexist.
I get Jesus Lizard quote “shitmouth” would be a metaphore to talking hurtfull shit,
would like to know why was it pointed at me. If I was to write a response to “Will you bury me?” It’d be: “No , I’ll pull you out of your hole by your hair”

by
Just heard Lana’s song in the radio this morning. If it was a pub conversation I’d yell at Ann Post and Transformation – you envious sexist pricks. On the net I tend to hold back, and lightened it with a smile(in reality it would look ironic), but I didn’t laugh.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

heeyyyy wait a minute, i dont think so. i wouldnt mind being called envious if i'd 5 years label grooming, surgery, production and promotion and it was all going to shit, but i'm not. can you tell me what i said that was envious or sexist?? i get a slight impression that you are defending her for the sake of defending her. she just seems like a groomed manufactured pop act to me, which i dont like.

on this thread i have:

1. taken the mick out of the subject matter in the song
2. related her stage name to a car, which it is anyways.
3. related the line that is from a bleinda carlisle song, which it is.
4. made a joke about big lips about someone who's had surgery to get big lips.

now what part of that is sexist? if i was in the pub i'd reply by saying being critical of elements of a media campaign involving a woman does not make a sexist. jumping to the idea that it is sexist because it is honestly critical is sexist however, in this case.

I get Jesus Lizard quote “shitmouth” would be a metaphore to talking hurtfull shit,
would like to know why was it pointed at me. If I was to write a response to “Will you bury me?” It’d be: “No , I’ll pull you out of your hole by your hair”

Your inference that my former comment was directed towards you is incorrect. The latter was an attempt to expound on the former, albeit a somewhat cack-handed one given the lack of citation, I'll grant, but as a rule, I try not to make pejorative or negative comments to fellow forum members on this or any other forum.

Your inference that my former comment was directed towards you is incorrect. The latter was an attempt to expound on the former, albeit a somewhat cack-handed one given the lack of citation, I'll grant, but as a rule, I try not to make pejorative or negative comments to fellow forum members on this or any other forum.

word

and theres no fucking way I'm envious of Lana or anybody else in the entire musical world for that matter.

I'm satisfied with my own genius thank you very much.!gloat

What's wrong with being envious? I'd love to write a song as overwhelming as "video games", and I'd love to have as much money as, I dunno, Bill Gates or someone. That doesn't make me a bad man, does it?

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours chart toppers

Yes, and I’m to assume that the previous nasty one, after I put a smiley face at the end of my post had no connection whatsoever, or you were just talking to emoticon,
I dunno, had this “if you had a mouth” and “shitmouth” in my head for some reason, and imagined Lana first being bullied as a young girl for “having no mouth” which could push her to surgery and than hearing “shitmouth” for having them enlarged,
she must be sick of lip comments, sexist or not sexist it has not much to do with her as a person and a singer, she seems quite vulnerable, and you guys are sometimes worse than the gossip journalists that’s all.
Learnt some new words from you Convict

Yes, and I’m to assume that the previous nasty one, after I put a smiley face at the end of my post had no connection whatsoever, or you were just talking to emoticon,
I dunno, had this “if you had a mouth” and “shitmouth” in my head for some reason, and imagined Lana first being bullied as a young girl for “having no mouth” which could push her to surgery and than hearing “shitmouth” for having them enlarged,
she must be sick of lip comments, sexist or not sexist it has not much to do with her as a person and a singer, she seems quite vulnerable, and you guys are sometimes worse than the gossip journalists that’s all.
Learnt some new words from you Convict

So your saying that what I was saying wasn't sexist afterall, in a roundabout way?

You've said more about me personally in this thread than I have about lana del rey as a person, am I worse than a gossip columnist?
Also, I've met you in person, that's actually why I'm sorta persuing the point-it seems out of character, nie rozumiem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back