Ladyfest Thank You Event, 28th April, Boh's (2 Viewers)

krystal

Since 2000
Ladyfest is Dead! Long Live Ladyfest!

The organisers of Ladyfest Dublin 2004 are throwing a free party to say 'Thanks!' to everyone who supported the festival last year by coming to the fundraisers, helping out with organising, or just by coming along to enjoy the weekend.

It will take place on Thursday 28th April from 9pm til closing in the Long Bar in Dalymount Park. There's no cover charge!

On the night, Fiona, Kirstie, Liadain (Serpents), Natalia (Red Ink Books) will be DJing, and there'll be some food and snacks available for hungry folks.

There'll also be a free raffle for vouchers for Road Records, Red Ink Books/Murder City Records, and Cornucopia.

Information will available about the various projects that have sprung out of Ladyfest Dublin 2004, including:

- Anarchafeminist Magazine

- Ladyfest Documentary

- Zine Fund

- Film Night

- Book Arts Event

- Knitting Circle

- Hive Mind Promoters

oh did you come to some of the other things? Reveal yourself this time, C/T!
cassette/tape said:
i'll be at this again....
yay for ladyfest!

yeah, we had a couple of LF things in it too last year. It was free at that stage but from reading stuff Boh's Punks has posted on Eirecore they may be charging now - Helena will know as she booked it this time round.

Anthony said:
Is this in the same place that gigs have been happening lately?
What's the story with that? How much etc

kirstie said:
yeah, we had a couple of LF things in it too last year. It was free at that stage but from reading stuff Boh's Punks has posted on Eirecore they may be charging now - Helena will know as she booked it this time round.
Still free as far as I'm aware, that was a misunderstanding with the office, now cleared up by Conor.

ah, VG. It's a nice little place.
Napalm said:
Still free as far as I'm aware, that was a misunderstanding with the office, now cleared up by Conor.

how come it's a free celebration? if there was extra money left over, shouldn't you give it to charity instead of drinking it?

Might need clarified, but I believe there is now a small charge for Bohs. The situation is something along the lines of if they sell lets of beer and make money at the bar then they just need ¢50, but if they don't then it is ¢100. I think that's what's happening anyway.

hag said:
how come it's a free celebration? if there was extra money left over, shouldn't you give it to charity instead of drinking it?

Emm... I don't think it's going to be Ladyfesters buying everyone booze with all their piles o' cash. (Though if it is, I'm there!) I could be wrong though. Think it's just free in.

nope, we wish!

It's just to thank all the people who came to all our fundraisers and helped us so much - without that initial cash we couldn't have put the thing on. It's to thank anyone who played, dj'd, or donated prizes at a fundraiser, anyone who played at the festival itself or hosted a talk, workshop or showed a film.

It's our last splash before we split off and go and do new things, so we want to go out on a 'thank you everyone' related high. People were absolutely brilliant to us and we want to show that that was, and still is, VERY much appreciated.

ITalkShite said:
Emm... I don't think it's going to be Ladyfesters buying everyone booze with all their piles o' cash. (Though if it is, I'm there!) I could be wrong though. Think it's just free in.

Cormcolash said:
Might need clarified, but I believe there is now a small charge for Bohs. The situation is something along the lines of if they sell lets of beer and make money at the bar then they just need ¢50, but if they don't then it is ¢100. I think that's what's happening anyway.

Sounds petty reasonable .... get onto it Anthony!

kirstie said:
It's our last splash before we split off and go and do new things, so we want to go out on a 'thank you everyone' related high. People were absolutely brilliant to us and we want to show that that was, and still is, VERY much appreciated.

So the Ladyfest is not happening this year?

It might be for all I know, but it's not being organised by last years group anyway. Which is no bad thing, if someone else was to do it they'd bring a fresh perspective to it.

We all got an awful lot out of it and it definitely acted as a catalyst for all of us to go off and do new stuff - we reckoned, been there, done that, now lets do new things. We were a really diverse group so hopefully what will come out of it will be diverse as well. Hopefully the lot of us will continue to contribute new stuff to da scene. But you will have to come on the 28th to Find Out More!

Music is Life! said:
So the Ladyfest is not happening this year?

kirstie said:
nope, we wish!

It's just to thank all the people who came to all our fundraisers and helped us so much - without that initial cash we couldn't have put the thing on. It's to thank anyone who played, dj'd, or donated prizes at a fundraiser, anyone who played at the festival itself or hosted a talk, workshop or showed a film.

so, who's buying the thankyou drinks? i'd stick to charity unless you're saying ladyfest isn't a charitable notion?

hag said:
so, who's buying the thankyou drinks? i'd stick to charity unless you're saying ladyfest isn't a charitable notion?

hag, no on has mentioned anyone buying anyone thank you drinks

as far as I know the ladies get the venue for free

they are DJing themselves

ergo, I would assume it costs them no money,

or not very much money

and I have no idea what you're buzz with charity is, how much did alpha relish donate to charity?

I just want you to understand this so you know why I'm docking you rep

kisses

P

Pantone247 said:
hag, no on has mentioned anyone buying anyone thank you drinks

as far as I know the ladies get the venue for free

they are DJing themselves

ergo, I would assume it costs them no money,

or not very much money

and I have no idea what you're buzz with charity is, how much did alpha relish donate to charity?

I just want you to understand this so you know why I'm docking you rep

kisses

P
i wasn't talking to you. obviously. it just sounds like a farewell bash after a boy band breaks up or something... "we're all going off and doing other stuff..." etc. i think it's pretty funny. this makes it sound like money raised for the ladyfest is being used to congratulate the people who raised it. what has AR got to do with any of this?

please don't dock me pants, i don't think i could handle the shame.

hag said:
i think it's pretty funny. this makes it sound like money raised for the ladyfest is being used to congratulate the people who raised it.

I think it's pretty funny that you're so obsessed with criticising them at every point and raising your pointless chairty whinge at every corner

makes it sound like your really begruding and whingy

but then again your not talking to me. obviously

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back