Ladyfest Dublin Line-up announcement (1 Viewer)

ladyfest

We are delighted to announce that the following 4 acts have been confirmed to play Ladyfest Dublin in November. Lots more acts will be announced shortly so please keep checking the website for details.
http://www.ladyfestdublin.org/lineup.shtml

Bands are by no means the only things happening: workshop titles, participating artists and film participants will also be announced shortly.

Pram
As indicated by their name, Pram bring a distinctly childlike worldview to their uniquely cinematic brand of fractured electro-pop, however, the group's vision of childhood is decidedly nightmarish, evoking a hallucinatory world of helplessness and fear. Formed in Birmingham, England in 1990, Pram have recorded 5 albums for Domino and this will be their first Dublin show in many years.
Mira Calix
Mira Calix signed to Warp in 1996 to record abstract ambience that relies on a wide variety of sound sources, organic or otherwise. Born and raised in South Africa, she moved to London in 1991. Calix has often teamed up with Andrea Parker and she will be performing live with her at Ladyfest Dublin!

Andrea Parker
Totally uncompromising, Parker defies stereotypes and limits, and exceeds her goals beyond ordinary expectations. She has released a number of records with many of the premier electronic music labels such as R&S, Infonet, and Andrew Weatherall's Sabrettes imprint. Her incredible talents were then wooed by James Lavelle to cult label Mo' Wax. As a DJ and remixer, Parker is very much in demand. She has remixed artists such as Depeche Mode, Lamb, the Orb, Ryuichi Sakamoto, and most recently, the godfather of minimal music, Steve Reich, for his forthcoming Nonesuch album "Reich Remixed."

Americhord
Americhord is Maura O’Boyle from Dublin. Veering from techno through electro to electronica, Americhord’s music has surfaced previously (under the name Mcut) on UK electronic label Law & Auder and highly regarded Dublin electronica imprint Frontend Synthetics. A resident DJ alongside Decal at numerous Dublin club nights over the last six years including Phunk City, Static and Bleep, Americhord’s debut e.p. for D1 Recordings features four techno tracks moving from deep, spacious Detroit influenced grooves to a much tougher and distorted bass-heavy onslaught.

Ja

I knew next to nothing about andrea parker but she sounds bleedin' rappa. So forward to her, I look.

Shit! I remember getting a Pram EP about ten years ago. They're not too bad. Andrea Parker should be a heap of fun.

kirstie said:
I knew next to nothing about andrea parker but she sounds bleedin' rappa. So forward to her, I look.
She runs a really good electro label called Touchin' Bass. Neuromantek brought her over to Dublin for a DJ set sometime during the summer of 2003. She played some really good tunes but can't mix. I've never seen her play live before, is her Ladyfest appearance a live or DJ set?

minka said:
yup, a live set with mira calix. i am very excited about this. very.
Me too. That's a great lineup. Well done, Ladyfest.

If Andrea & Chantal need volunteers to do their on-stage ironing, give me a shout*.

Paul

* This probably only makes sense to people who were at ATP'03.

Nice one on the live set, but is there anyway you could run your biogs through some kind of management-speak/buzz-word filter:

"Totally uncompromising, Parker defies stereotypes and limits, and exceeds her goals beyond ordinary expectations."

That sounds like my last performance review here in work.

photon said:
Me too. That's a great lineup. Well done, Ladyfest.

If Andrea & Chantal need volunteers to do their on-stage ironing, give me a shout*.

Paul

* This probably only makes sense to people who were at ATP'03.
i was just googling about any stuff they've done together before, and found further reference to people ironing on stage during their set at atp. did this actually happen? will they be demanding ironing boards as part of their stage setup?

minka said:
i was just googling about any stuff they've done together before, and found further reference to people ironing on stage during their set at atp. did this actually happen? will they be demanding ironing boards as part of their stage setup?
as a Lady who is Anti-Ironing, I OBJECT

minka said:
i was just googling about any stuff they've done together before, and found further reference to people ironing on stage during their set at atp. did this actually happen?
Yep. I can supply corroborative witnesses if necessary.

will they be demanding ironing boards as part of their stage setup?
Dunno, but if they do and need ironers (?), you have my number.

Paul

HURRAY for the ladies for putting together a great line up!

BOOOOOOOO to my mate having his stag do this weekend so I can only go on the Friday...

you know, her email only said that she'd be doing a set with mira calix for us. she didn't say a set of music, maybe they'll *just* be ironing....

minka said:
I'll bring my shirts!

Thayl said:
Nice one on the live set, but is there anyway you could run your biogs through some kind of management-speak/buzz-word filter:

"Totally uncompromising, Parker defies stereotypes and limits, and exceeds her goals beyond ordinary expectations."

That sounds like my last performance review here in work.
Why, do you get to write your own performance reviews?

Gong Farmer said:
I'll bring my shirts!
sod your shirts, our merchandise t-shirts are going to get a lovely pressing.

i will double-check with the lovely andrea and chantal as to the nature of their set. they're definitely doing *something* together for us (stop sniggering there at the back).

and more lineup to be announced soon. can it get more exciting, i ask myself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back