Ladyfest Disco, Dalymount Park Bar, 12th August 2004 (3 Viewers)

damien said:
maybe i will find loads of drugs and take them, then go mental doing the prodigy walk during your so-called slow set!

anyone ever see the fresh prince episode where carlton did just that? he was hanging out on the schnortside.
I am sorry there was no slow set, but everyone seemed to enjoy total eclipse of the heart quite considerably.
Oh my head.
Owww.

oh yes, and thanks very much to everyone who came, we raised loads and looooads of cash and it is all very much appreciated!

Ladyfest Benefit Gig with Estel, Life After Modelling, Easpa Measa and Tremors is the next thing up, organised by the lovely and capable Jill, and will take place in the Voodoo Lounge on Friday August 27th. Should be funs x lots.

damien said:
maybe i will find loads of drugs and take them, then go mental doing the prodigy walk during your so-called slow set!

anyone ever see the fresh prince episode where carlton did just that? he was hanging out on the schnortside.

:D HAHA yeah I saw that, It was ruined by the serious 'Its wrong to take speed' seriousness tho.

damien said:
go mental doing the prodigy walk
que?

walk.jpg

Bonus points for playing Faith No More, but you could have gotten even more bonus points if you'd played the Faith No More version of the Sparks track "This Town's Not Big Enough For The Both of Us".

bleedin bonus points if I'd been sober enough to fix it into my head which channel each cd player was on
lesson to self: do not down 6 pints before operating musical devices, unless doing so from comfort of own living room.

easpa measa unfortunatly cant play the benefit. someone else really good is playing instead.

damien said:
easpa measa unfortunatly cant play the benefit. someone else really good is playing instead.
i really want to know about the prodigy walk. who is playing instead? i would like to attend this gig maybe

kirstie said:
bleedin bonus points if I'd been sober enough to fix it into my head which channel each cd player was on
lesson to self: do not down 6 pints before operating musical devices, unless doing so from comfort of own living room.

Plus, the CD players are different, which is all the more confusing. Especially after a few drinkies.

Thanks also to those who generously donated prizes, and to those who bought raffle tickets to win said prizes.

It's a dance that was popular with the kids in the early 90's, a good example of it would be in the video for no good by the prodigy.

jane said:
Thanks also to those who generously donated prizes, and to those who bought raffle tickets to win said prizes.
And thanks to the deadly barman who was able to remember everyone's drinks. And thanks to the drinks for being so cheap.

as for who is playing instead of EM, you'll have to ask jill.

helena kim said:
And thanks to the deadly barman who was able to remember everyone's drinks. And thanks to the drinks for being so cheap.
Yeah, there's nothing like a barman who remembers what you're drinking.

(Scotch, lots of ice, in case you're buying.)

Except maybe one who gives them to you for free.

Hooray also for playing Beyonce at the end of my set so I could go out and dance to it like a proper lady. Was it really that moving, Helena, that you couldn't hide your awe? I mean, that was awe, right?

This was loads of fun. I fucked up my throat yelling Total Eclipse of the Heart, and my cheeks were sore from laughing/trying to sing Winds of Change. Still found time to shake my ass though, hooray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back