ladies - pill without period, yes or no? (1 Viewer)

Freakin' hell - what's Depo?
I've always been afraid to get the longer-term options because I've had some pretty nasty side-effects with some pills.

they seem to discourage the long-term options, even the patch, if you've had side effects, since you can't just stop if it goes wrong. the shit they can do to you when they don't suit is unreal - i love how casually things are prescribed.

i'm thinking of going on the contraceptive implant soon, apparently you can whip it out straight away and be fine if there are side effects, and it doesn't have long-term effects on your fertility. and because it's only progestogen and not oestrogen, apparently it shouldn't exacerbate migraines. anyway i'm going to go on the progestogen-only pill for a month and see if it helps my migraines, then get the implant if it suits me. whereupon i will be Bionic Woman

edit: and i won't have periods. but i'm always running the pill together to miss periods anyway. haven't had one in a few months. wouldn't miss it.

i would love to miss my periods

but i'd be afeared my womb would explode with all that build up or some shit

guys are so lucky they dont need to think about this kind of malarky

yeah i did have a friend who was on the implant and didn't have a period for three years and then had a really heavy one for ten days.

hmmm.

and we get to pee standing up!

ladies, now you too can enjoy the great feeling of vertical peeing

Introducing the Freshette

Pissing.jpg

img21.gif

Why creepy? Appendices are normal too, as is armpit hair but I can do without either!

Here, wasn't there an issue in the States with woman tri-cycling the pill to do away with periods? The insurance companies refused to pay for it. I was reading some misguided journo going on about this new pill saying the FDA wouldn't licence it cos it was doing away with periods. She'd missed the point that it was pretty much the same as every other pill but with out the break, and of course Depo had already been licenced!

Periods hurt and they interfere with my sex life. They can fuck off as far as I'm concerned!

Ah, sorry, I meant for me...There was a discussion about this on Feministing, and there were lots of people who felt uncomfortable with the idea of not getting a period. But there were also lots of people, especially people with really awful ones, who couldn't function if not for hormonal contraception.

Not sure about the tri-cycling thing in the US, but the no-period pills have generated a bit of discussion. And yeah, I don't really understand why, since there are already contraceptives that do this, and they're in common use. And, of course, there's the fact that it's not a real period. So it seems silly that it would even be an issue.

There is pill has been around a few years in the north, courtesy of UK prescribing legislation.

Basically any pill without the seven day break should have ED for every day at the end of the name. It is most useful in situations of poor compliance - eg people who have to take a lot of meds and get mixed up by the pill free days and dont start again on the right day, or just gals like me who are naturally scatty.

the seven extra pills are supposed to be inert though, so how come you dont get no periods?

This pill could reduce the instances of the condition known as 'ClownFace' in men who like to perform oral sex on their girlfriends anytime, anyplace.

clown-face_competition.jpg

Hmmm, I get awful pains but id rather have the fecking thing rather than getting paranoid for ages. I took that parsly and ginger tea thing to bring them on a while back, it worked, fucking hippy dippy shit though, never bled so much.

Oh jesus my whole life plan would be ruined if I get pregnant. Not until im over 30.

Yes, and then go "baby crazy"

Iwantababy Iwantababy Iwantababy Iwantababy

tick tock tick tock

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back