ladies - pill without period, yes or no? (1 Viewer)

can i ask how you're finding it? i was interested and asked some questions, and the doctor (not my gp) said it wasn't generally advised unless you've given birth, and also, there's a risk of abdominal perforation.

i am tempted still, although one of the few people i know with the coil was quite violently pukily ill for a day or two after getting it, which isn't selling it.

p.s. to thread: there's plenty of people on the pill for reasons that aren't pregnancy-related. (or maybe you were taking the piss.)

I am child-free and wished I'd got it years ago, they put me off with 'mmm, you've not had kids, it's really not for you'. Bollocks. It's true insertion can be a bit more painful cos the cervix hasn't been stretched, but they give you pesseries to sort this out. Insertion wasn't that bad, a bit pinchy and it took about 30 mins. The cramps afterwards were bad, but not unbearable. Nothing Nurofen, a hot water bottle and a hot whiskey couldn't take the edge off. The cramps were bad the first evening, and then about a week later, but after that I've had nothing.

Do take the afternoon off work though, I asked the Well Woman Clinic if I'd be ok to go back to work after 'Oh yeah!' they said. No fucking way! You really need to put your feet up cos you'll go light-headed for a while.

Yes there are risks - one being your body can reject it and there's a risk of infertility (it's a very low risk but still one you might want to consider). But yeah, I wish I'd have had it years ago, would have saved me a lot of Pill-related side-effects.

Hormone levels in drinking water are rising - linked with decreasing sperm counts and 'feminisation' in males.

See girls? All your fault that I have man boobs...:p

As for the stopped periods, even without the potential damage to the environment, I really can't see how that would be healthy. We're women, periods are part of that - I certainly wouldn't want to be a guinea pig and find out what the side effects are in 30 years time.

Wouldn't have to wait 30 years, I reckon you'd swell up like a red Violet Beauregarde after about five months, eight months tops.

I am child-free and wished I'd got it years ago, they put me off with 'mmm, you've not had kids, it's really not for you'. Bollocks. It's true insertion can be a bit more painful cos the cervix hasn't been stretched, but they give you pesseries to sort this out. Insertion wasn't that bad, a bit pinchy and it took about 30 mins. The cramps afterwards were bad, but not unbearable. Nothing Nurofen, a hot water bottle and a hot whiskey couldn't take the edge off. The cramps were bad the first evening, and then about a week later, but after that I've had nothing.

Do take the afternoon off work though, I asked the Well Woman Clinic if I'd be ok to go back to work after 'Oh yeah!' they said. No fucking way! You really need to put your feet up cos you'll go light-headed for a while.

Yes there are risks - one being your body can reject it and there's a risk of infertility (it's a very low risk but still one you might want to consider). But yeah, I wish I'd have had it years ago, would have saved me a lot of Pill-related side-effects.

Oh Jesus I got so light-headed reading that. I have to take the day off after a smear test, never mind this kind of lark. Yes I did say the word SMEAR.:eek:

I'm for the whole stoppage of periods. This pill sounds good to me. It's just hormone control. It's just science. When I was 15 I wrote a song about having a hysterectomy just to get out of having periods. Actually I must play it to Brian C sometime :).

yeah but seeing as your whole metabolism is just hormones, enzymes, and science; that's not really the best criteria for writing it all off.
your heart is electrically operated, how about you wire it to a car battery and see what happens...
but yeah. down with pregnancy. i like most people here already, let's leave it at that.

yeah but seeing as your whole metabolism is just hormones, enzymes, and science; that's not really the best criteria for writing it all off.
your heart is electrically operated, how about you wire it to a car battery and see what happens...

I guess you've got me there. Pacemaker?

my granda has a pacemaker. seven kids will do that to you. my granny would have loved the pill. ye wanna hear her on about the priests... checking in on everyone like that. and telling the boys to man the barricades, join the provos. it were hard times. no contraception at all. i feel bad for her. and i wouldn't have minded so much, my dad was born first.

my granda has a pacemaker. seven kids will do that to you. my granny would have loved the pill.

See that pill woulda sorted everything out for everyone concerned.:cool: I think my view is currently being coloured by Anne Enright's new book, which I just read and has a lot of food for thought on contraception.

After I got engaged, my grandmother (81 at the time) was all about telling me to go on the pill. I felt bad for her that in her day she didn't have the choice.

I'm on the pill now on/off for about ten years because it lessens the pain I get when I have a period. I would love to never have another period....So many of my nice nickers have been ruined!

it's not on the shelves yet, but just got approval over in the states. no 7 day break stuff here - you just don't bleed when you take this thing. which in theory sounds like a dream - but so so so unnatural that it would kinda freak me out. it could also put the beloved mooncup out of business! thoughts?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/science/...ngs-of-the-past/2007/05/23/1179601463405.html
I wouldn't be freaked out. I'm on Depo (the injection) so I haven't had a period in about 8 years. It's great!

I wouldn't be freaked out. I'm on Depo (the injection) so I haven't had a period in about 8 years. It's great!

Freakin' hell - what's Depo?
I've always been afraid to get the longer-term options because I've had some pretty nasty side-effects with some pills.

aren't one of the risks of the pill increased risk of stroke? or is that the old version?

this messing with nature thing would make me very nervous.

PS - stop pissing hormones into the water and making me a girl!

aren't one of the risks of the pill increased risk of stroke? or is that the old version?

this messing with nature thing would make me very nervous.

PS - stop pissing hormones into the water and making me a girl!

It's the old version and only if you smoke heavily and only if you're over 35.

It's plastic and all the hormones they put in meat that is turning you into a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back