Kraftwerk cancelled? (1 Viewer)

hmmmmm, you can fit far more than 5,000 in there. I wonder is this to sell more tickets.

I thought the point of the gig was to remember some guy thats related to the owner of lugalla estate, which I'd imagine has taken quite a pounding from the weather of late.

from pod.ie

POD Concerts announce change of venue for A DAY IN THE LIFE with Kraftwerk due to adverse weather conditions.

Pod Concerts regret to announce that due to extreme weather conditions causing the river at Lough Dan to burst its banks on the Luggala Estate, Co. Wicklow today, the Kraftwerk concert, scheduled for the 13th September will now be held in the grounds of Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin.

With adverse weather conditions forecasted for the forthcoming week making production and build of site impossible, Promoter John Reynolds declared;

"I am personally deeply disappointed that this event can not take place on the Luggala Estate which is one of the most awe inspiring and breathtaking locations in Ireland. However due to the unprecedented rainfall and the nature of the site being a natural valley, the subsequent water logging conditions, have made it impossible to prepare Luggala for a concert for the general public."

Tickets for this event, which will see Godfathers of Electronic Music Kraftwerk performing an incredibly special two hour long set, will still be valid for Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin on 13th September, a unique and historical city centre venue, which played host to the hugely successful Leonard Cohen, Iggy Pop and Morrissey concerts earlier this year. Because of the nature of this site, it considerable less vulnerable to flooding and such adverse weather conditions. The ticket price for A DAY IN THE LIFE included a bus transfer to and from Luggala estate, Co. Wicklow, concert holders will now be refunded the bus fare of €20 on presentation of their ticket on the day of the show. Alternatively a full refund is available to ticket holders who do not wish to attend Kraftwerk at Royal Hospital Kilmainham.
Though the venue has changed A DAY IN THE LIFE will remain at intimate capacity of 4,999 in a specially installed tented structure. Door times will remain the same opening at 3pm and finishing at 11.30pm.

Pod Concerts would like to take this opportunity to announce a new introduction to the line up for A DAY IN THE LIFE. Hailing from Los Angeles, Lucent Dossier are the internationally acclaimed theatre collective that wowed Electric Picnickers last weekend with their apocalyptic steamboat providing a unique glimpse into the avant garde tribal culture that has captured the curiosity of the world. Lucent Dossier will be performing twice during A DAY IN THE LIFE in a spectacular purpose built dome.

this would be handy out for me as well, right beside the house.
so if anyone knows someone selling a ticket, i would be interested.....

The Kraftwerk concert -which was due to take place on the Luggala Estate in Wicklow on Saturday - is now to be held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham because of the weather.
Pod Concerts has announced the change in venue for "A Day in the Life" with Kraftwerk because extreme weather conditions caused the River at Lough Dan to burst its banks.
Promoter John Reynolds has said this has and will make the production and build of the site impossible.
He says that though the venue has changed the concert will remain at intimate capacity of just under 5,000 in a specially installed tented structure.

The Kraftwerk concert -which was due to take place on the Luggala Estate in Wicklow on Saturday - is now to be held in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Kilmainham because of the weather.
Pod Concerts has announced the change in venue for "A Day in the Life" with Kraftwerk because extreme weather conditions caused the River at Lough Dan to burst its banks.
Promoter John Reynolds has said this has and will make the production and build of the site impossible.
He says that though the venue has changed the concert will remain at intimate capacity of just under 5,000 in a specially installed tented structure.

is there an echo in here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back