Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (1 Viewer)

clonan attack

Website
www.myspace.com
more like piss piss, wank wank

nah it wasn't the worst but definitely not a patch on the first 3 lethal weapons.(his other work)
I know Downey Jnr's V/O was meant to be disjointed and funny and not altogether serious but it just pissed me off that this was how they justified the shit bits, just have Robert Downey Junior underline the shit bits, then the audience will accept it AND laugh in the process.
Well i did neither, as far as detective dramas go there was nothing for the audience to do. it was very lazy and 100% on Kilmer and him.

there was certainly a couple of laughs but i left annoyed and short-changed.
I'd love to read someones review who loved it cos lots seem to be enjoying it.

At the start I found it completely unengaging. Particularly when they were setting up the character of "The Hot Girl":

Downey Jr (VO): She wasn't just hot, she was SMART too.

The Hot Girl: Paris is the capital of France.

Downey Jr: Oooooooo.

I thought from the trailer that it was going to be "Raymond Chandler meets Wes Anderson, wonderfulness ensues" but, unfortunately, it wasn't like that at all.

Still, once it picked up the pace it was funny and entertaining and I didn't feel either annoyed or short-changed by the end.

Also, I :heart: Robert Downey Jr. There's no one in the world I'd rather go on a whiskey-and-carpet-cleaner fuelled bender with.

I thought this was good. Pretty fast-paced and sharp. I could have done without the post-modern self-conscious movie stuff. Still though, I love Shane Black and this is probably his best stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back