Kid Koala in Dublin (1 Viewer)

penexpers

According to his site, Kid Koala is playing in Dublin on May 4th. It seems it's in the TBMC but there's nowt mentioned on the TBMC website about it. If it is true, this is deadly news. Best DJ ever. .|..|

According to his site, Kid Koala is playing in Dublin on May 4th. It seems it's in the TBMC but there's nowt mentioned on the TBMC website about it. If it is true, this is deadly news. Best DJ ever. .|..|

Seen him at sonar a few years ago absolutely amazing.

here yiz go......

POD Concerts presents

KID KOALA

Saturday May 5th

Temple Bar Music Centre – Curved Street - Temple Bar
Doors – 11.30pm

Tickets €16 available from WAV ticket box, Ticketmaster, Road Records, City Discs, Sound Cellar, and usual outlets.

www.ticketmaster.ie
www.kidkoala.com
www.myspace.com/kidkoalaonesand twos

Ninja Tunes Canadian whizz Kid Koala bring his records to town in support of new album ‘Your Mom’s Favourite DJ’

Back in 1996, Kid Koala became the first North American artist signed to UK label Ninja Tune. In the years that followed Kid Koala released a string of remixes and toured North America with fellow Ninja artists: Coldcut, DJ Food and DJ Vadim. But it was not long before his skill, innovation, and performance style led him to attract attention from those outside the club community. In 1998, he was invited to join Money Mark's band, and then went on the road to open for the Beastie Boys on their "Hello Nasty" world tour.

In 2000, Ninja Tune released Kid Koala's debut album "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" which received international praise by the press for having defied expectation. The album featured a video game and a 32-page comic illustrated by Kid Koala himself. Following the release of the album Kid Koala toured extensively in North America and Europe as a member of groups such as Deltron 3030, Lovage, Bullfrog and on his own, opening for some of his favorite artists, Radiohead and Bjork.

While on the road, Kid Koala kept busy with pen to paper, illustrating a 350-page book called "Nufonia Must Fall" which was accompanied by a soundtrack that he composed on the piano. Shortly after the release of this book came the release of his second album, "Some of My Best Friends are DJs" complete with a 50-page comic book and mini chess game. This album was supported by a cabaret-style tour known as "The Short Attention Span Theatre", which featured 3 DJs on 8 turntables, slide show and a bingo game among other quirky surprises. Following this tour Kid Koala performed DJ sets in Australia, Asia, Europe, Russia, North America and South America, all the while working on a new book and a very eccentric puppet show scheduled to take place in 2006.

Kid Koala is now on the road supporting his newest album on Ninja Tune, "Your Mom's Favorite DJ". On this record he shows that his chosen means of expression (the turntable) is used not as a way of showing that he can do faster crabs than anyone else, but as a way of telling stories.

Although there is the romance, silent movie comedy and swing that your mother may well smile at and even shake her booty to, the enthralling deftness and complexity you'd expect from Kid Koala is also here - woven together with classic hip hop beats, breaks and generous swathes of heavy guitars.

I'm goin to see the melvins on the 5th of may in temple bar music centre and once that ends kid koala is on would u say i could just hang around inside until he starts or i'll have to buy a ticket

I'm goin to see the melvins on the 5th of may in temple bar music centre and once that ends kid koala is on would u say i could just hang around inside until he starts or i'll have to buy a ticket

I reckon they'll get you out somehow and you'll have to buy a ticket. You could always trying hiding in the jacks or something like that, but I'm not sure if that works anymore.

I reckon they'll get you out somehow and you'll have to buy a ticket. You could always trying hiding in the jacks or something like that, but I'm not sure if that works anymore.

Shit I was hoping to do that I wonder when the kid koala gig will end

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back